Dairy queen taco tuesday near me
Master Room at Awana Puri, Cheras
2023.05.30 06:45 cs-living Master Room at Awana Puri, Cheras
| || | submitted by cs-living to u/cs-living [link] [comments]
Room Detail: https://appoin.me/rooms_pbetK
Awana Puri Condominium @ Taman Mutiara Barat
ROOM FOR RENT
-Queen/single size bed -Aircond -Wardrobe -Study table
Unit facilities include:-
-Washing machine -Dryer -Wifi -Cooking allowed
Condo facilities include:-
-Swimming Pool -Gym -24 hour security -Mini mart -Squash court -Sauna
- walking distance to MRT Taman Mutiara (800m)
- near EkoCheras (350m) and Leisure Mall (1km)
- MRT 3 stops to Sunway Velocity
- MRT 6 stops to Pavilion
2023.05.30 06:34 MonstersOnTheHill I am late 30s, live outside NYC, and have a HHI of $400k+. I work full time, have two kids, and am a grad student
I'm a day late posting this -- I'm sorry to have gotten off schedule! I realize there have been a lot of high-earner diaries recently, but I hope my perspective is still of interest.
Section One: Assets and Debt
Retirement Balance: $460K (mine) and $250K (husband’s). We both max out our annual withholdings. I’ve been working longer than him, and my employer offers a more generous match, which contributed significantly to my balance.
Equity: $275K. Our home is currently worth about $450K. We live in a M-HCOL area (far) outside of NYC, and our home was a fixer upper when we bought it. Honestly, it’s still a fixer, and we are saving towards a major renovation.
Cars: Maybe $15-$20k total…we drive two paid off cars. One is 13 years old, and the other is 10 years old.
Other Cash and Investments: $150K
Credit card debt: None, paid every month
Student loan debt (for what degree): $80K towards the grad degree I’m pursuing now. Since we’re saving towards the home reno, I’m financing my degree rather than paying for it outright. I know this is counterintuitive given the interest rate environment. However, the home reno has been a priority for us since we bought this home.
Daughters’ 529s: $75K
Section Two: Income
Income Progression: I've been working in my field for 13 years and my starting salary was $40,000.
I work as a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis in a niche field. I won’t go into too many details because it’s a small world. My salary progression was as follows:
Year 1: $40,000 starting, right after recession. I had an amazing boss who mentored me and recognized my potential. After six months, I received a promotion and raise to $60,000.
Year 3: Promotion and raise to $90,000, for a role with more financial and analytical responsibility. Although I worked hard, I continued to benefit from having a boss who advocated for me. I consider this a major turning point.
Year 8: Raise to $120,000 for additional responsibilities after a coworker retired.
Year 10: Raise to $135,000
I’ve received an average of 2.5% COLA increases and now earn $145K. My boss has requested a $10,000 bonus for me this year, which I haven’t yet included because it’s still under review.
My husband earns $260,000 base salary as a VP of a large corporation (this is a very recent raise…he was at $200K previously). In addition, he can receive a performance-based bonus of 20-30%. We don’t include his bonuses in our financial planning because they are not guaranteed and because a portion is RSUs. When he receives a cash bonus, we put it towards our daughter’s college accounts and/or our home reno fund.
Education: I have a bachelors and a masters in a field unrelated to my career. My tuition was paid by scholarships/assistantships. In addition, my parents covered my living expenses during undergrad. During my first graduate degree, I worked 3 part-time jobs to cover my non-tuition expenses. I’m now enrolled in a grad program more directly related to my career. My employer encouraged me to do this program and generously allows me the time out of office. In addition, if I stay for a certain number of years, they will reimburse a portion of my tuition.
Main Job Monthly Take Home:
Monthly take home: $6,300 after taxes, retirement ($1,875) and medical/dental benefits ($110– self only)
Husband’s monthly take home: $12,560 after taxes, retirement ($1,875), and medical/dental ($400 for him and our two kids)
Section Three: Expenses
Mortgage: $2,485 for principal, interest, insurance, and taxes. We refinanced to a 15-year loan at 2.3% when rates were low
Daycare: $3,510 per month (full-time for a toddler and preschooler)
Savings contribution: $3,000-$5,000
Daughters’ 529 accounts: $2,000 ($1,000 each)
Debt payments: $700 towards my student loans. This will increase once I’m done with my degree
Donations: $3,000 annually
Transit $350-400 for husband’s commute (3x/week to NYC)
Subscriptions: $59 for Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Duolingo, Apple Storage, and credit monitoring
Gym membership: $149 for Pure Barre
Husband’s physical therapy: $130 (portion not covered by insurance)
Car insurance: $3,200 annually. (This seems high, considering we have good records, don’t drive much, and both cars are paid off. I need to look into this)
Life Insurance: $3,100 annually
Day 1 (Saturday):
6:00 AM: Wake up. I’m doing a modular course for my graduate degree, and the class wraps up today. I study for the exam that happens this afternoon. A little after 7, I walk to a nearby coffee shop and buy a large Americano for $4.50 including tip. When I’m back at the hotel, I pack up my room and leave a $20 tip for housekeeping. On the way out, I drop my bags at the bell stand. The hotel cost is covered by tuition.
9:00: Meet with my study team to finalize a paper and presentation that’s due today. At noon, we break for lunch (also covered by tuition). I have a salad and lots of carbonated caffeine. After lunch, we have an hour-long final exam.
2:00: Final course wrap up. It’s been an intense week-long session. I learned a lot, but am so ready to head home. I walk back to the hotel to retrieve my bags. Along the way, I stop to buy an empanada ($8 including tip). Then I call an Uber to the airport ($55 including tip). While in the Uber, I talk to my husband and daughters, who are 1.5 and almost 4. Due to the time difference, it’s their bedtime and if I don’t catch them now, I’ll lose my chance. I promise them that I’ll be home when they wake up in the morning. A lot of my classmates went to dinner together before heading to the airport. On the one hand, I have FOMO because my classmates are awesome. But on the other hand, it was really important to me to talk to my family, and I know I couldn’t have done that easily in a bustling restaurant (I’ve tried, and it was a frustrating experience for everyone!).
6:00: Arrive at the airport. I check my bag ($35). Once I’m through security, I pick up some souvenirs. My hotel wasn’t in an area with good shopping options, and the class days were pretty packed anyway. I get locally made chocolate for my husband. The girls get a small stuffed animal each, and a book to share ($70 total). Then I treat myself to crab cakes and a French 75 to celebrate the end of the week ($60 including tip).
10:00: On the flight, I read until the cabin lights go out and then try to sleep. I used to be able to sleep better on red eyes, but I wake up every 15 minutes.
Day 1 Total: $252.50
Day 2 (Sunday):
6:00: Flight lands and I gather my bags and take the parking shuttle. Although I parked in an economy lot, the total was still $174. Ugh – this has been an expensive week.
7:45: Arrive home. The girls crawled into our bed and are snuggled up next to my husband. The toddler wakes up as I come into the room and the look on her face when she sees me is priceless. Our preschooler wakes up soon after. It’s so good to be reunited with my people! We all head downstairs and have breakfast (waffles and cereal, plus a huge pot of coffee). It’s cold and rainy today and we spend the morning watching TV together.
10:00: Our toddler falls asleep for her nap, and my husband encourages me to do the same. Our preschooler is happily entertaining herself with Legos and puzzles, so I doze for a couple hours. Around 1:00, we all have turkey sandwiches for lunch. Then, I take over kid duty so my husband can finally have some time to himself. He spends the afternoon woodworking in his basement workshop.
2:00: Our preschooler’s birthday is coming up. I buy digital invites from Etsy ($12) and send them to Staples to print ($16 with a promo). They are ready in about two hours and we pick them up. My preschooler asks for kinetic sand at Staples and I cave in and buy it for her ($11). I constantly complain about the amount of “stuff” in our house, but to be honest, I’m guilty of contributing to the clutter. When we get home, I spend the afternoon doing crafts with the girls.
5:15: We heat up some leftovers that my in-laws dropped off while I was gone. We do the girls’ bedtime routine a little early since everyone seems tired. Lights out by 8:00 for the girls. Then I catch up on work email and start making a list for the week. For the purposes of this money diary, my husband mentions that he spent $270 yesterday restocking groceries. Then I watch Succession and head to bed
Day 2 Total: $387
Day 3 (Monday):
5:08: My alarm goes off because I typically go to Pure Barre on Monday morning. I’m still jetlagged so I decide not to go today. I hadn’t actually signed up for a class because I had a feeling this would happen.
6:30: Everyone else is still asleep, so I go downstairs to make coffee and enjoy a few quiet moments to myself. When my husband and kids wake up, we all have breakfast (frozen waffles and berries for the kids. English muffins for the adults).
8:30: Drop the kids off at daycare and then get to work. I work primarily from home, so I just have to walk upstairs to my office nook. I spend the morning prepping for an important meeting tomorrow with senior leadership. I get a reminder on our phone that our toddler has a well-child visit today…usually I sync my calendars, but I totally neglected to log this on my work calendar, and it conflicts with a meeting with our chief of staff. CRAP. I debate canceling the doctor’s appointment, but decide to keep it. Our toddler is getting vaccines today and if I don’t keep the appointment, I’m not sure when I can reschedule. I apologize profusely to our COS and ask if we can reschedule. She says not to worry, and that she appreciates the extra time in her schedule…hopefully I didn’t make a bad judgment call.
1:15: I quickly eat a turkey sandwich for lunch and then pick up our toddler from daycare for her appointment. These well visits usually take 30 minutes and are covered by insurance. As luck would have it, we spend 90 minutes waiting because they are running behind. Luckily, I have snacks and activities in my purse to occupy her. To pass the time, I browse for favors and paper goods for our older daughter’s upcoming party. I end up buying paper goods, decor, and favors ($67 from Target) and iced sugar cookies ($240 from Etsy). As I type this, I realize how bananas it is to spend that much on decorated sugar cookies. Our incomes have increased pretty dramatically in the past few years, and although we haven’t increased our fixed expenses, we’ve definitely succumbed to lifestyle inflation for one-off things like this. It’s something I need to be aware of. I’m finally home around 3:30, just in time for my next call. My husband is WFH today and takes over kid duty during this call.
5:15: It’s time to pick up our older daughter from preschool, but my call is running long so my husband picks her up. For dinner, we make salads topped with roast chicken. The toddler loves salad, but our preschooler proclaims “I don’t like green leaves – I’m not a caterpillar!”. Well, okay then.
8:30: We do the girls’ bedtime routine, and then I continue prepping for tomorrow’s meeting. I wrap up around 1:00 am. While I’m working, husband preps two meals that just need to be reheated sometime later in the week. Good night!
Day 3 Total: $307
Day 4 (Tuesday):
7:30: Kids and I sleep in a bit this morning. My husband left home around 5:45 since he’s going into the office, so the three of us are on our own. For breakfast, the toddler has toast and berries. The preschooler has bran cereal and a frozen waffle. I eat their scraps, washed down with coffee.
9:15: I drop the kids off at daycare a little late this morning. Then I get working and practice the presentation I’m giving at 11:00
12:05: Call is over and I think it went as well as could be expected. I make myself a turkey sandwich for lunch. Then I go to the post office to mail a birth certificate request for our youngest daughter’s passport application. The cost for the birth certificate is $50. I also spend $15 at the post office to mail the envelope and buy stamps. Then it’s back to work.
5:10: Pick the girls up from school. My husband gets home around 6:45. Dinner tonight is a tofu and broccoli stir fry with rice. I don’t cook much, but I make this meal weekly and it’s everyone’s favorite. The secret is that I use soy sauce that is seasoned for seafood. I can’t explain what’s different, but the taste is so much different than standard soy sauce.
7:30: Bathtime and bed for the girls. I text with a mom from daycare whose kids are the same age as ours. We arrange a playdate for an upcoming weekend. I’m hopeful that she and I will develop a friendship – making friends is hard when you’re an adult!
9:10: I debate doing schoolwork or “work work.” Schoolwork wins tonight…I spend about two hours prepping a case study.
Day 4 Total: $65
Day 5 (Wednesday):
5:30: Wake up and start working. I still have a lot of deliverables to catch up on. Husband leaves as usual to commute into the city.
7:00: I get an email and text message that daycare had to close today due to unforeseen circumstances. There was an issue with their plumbing that impacts the whole building. Oh no – I immediately feel a pit in my stomach. I really can’t afford this today, especially because I am out this Friday for another day of class. Although our preschooler is pretty independent, our toddler needs constant supervision. She’s always a moment away from jumping off a couch, climbing on a table, or otherwise causing herself bodily harm. My husband has multiple meetings with his division president today so he can’t realistically come home to help. Argh. I feed us all breakfast and prepare myself for a difficult day. I send my boss an email to let him know the situation, but promise to stay on top of my work after hours as needed. I also log a half day of PTO in the payroll system…I figure I can probably be about 50% productive today.
10:00: Our toddler falls asleep for a nap, so I frantically send out emails and run reports. Our preschooler watches shows on her tablet.
12:15: Toddler is up from her nap. Our poor preschooler has been on her tablet for too long and her eyes are glazed over. I decide to take the girls out for lunch to break up the day. We go to Jersey Mikes since it’s nearby and fast. The girls each have a kids meal and the toddler is delighted that it includes a kids cup. I have an Italian sub ($29). We eat outside and the preschooler hums and loudly proclaims "I love Jersey Mike's!"
1:30: We get back home and I jump on an internal call. Thankfully the girls are well behaved and don’t cause any disruptions, beyond waving hello at the start of the call.
3:00 I have another call and the girls are again on their best behavior. PTL. Maybe I’m just lucky, or maybe it’s that I bribed them with cookies.
4:45: I wrap up the workday a little early. I take the girls on a walk since the weather is nice. When we get back inside, they immediately melt down. The toddler wants to be held constantly, which is a challenge because she weighs 24 pounds. The preschooler is thrashing, spitting at me, and throwing toys. I resist a really strong urge to scream or cry or break something or hide in the bathroom – maybe all at once. Instead, I heat up one of the meals my husband made earlier this week. When our preschooler calms down, she asks if I still love her when she’s bad. She’s been asking this question a lot recently, and it makes me wonder if it’s just a phase, or if she needs more reassurance from us. Either way, it's heartbreaking to know she worries about this.
7:30: Husband had a late meeting, so he gets home later than normal. We do the girls bedtime and bathtime routines. We get another note from daycare saying that the plumbing issue is, unfortunately, still unresolved. We’ll get a tuition credit, but they will be closed another day. Husband and I talk through logistics. We agree that he’ll go into the city again tomorrow and I’ll handle the kids. His company is in the middle of a major reorg and it’s important for him to be there in person. We decide to ask his parents if they are available to help tomorrow. Between work, the kids, and my grad program, sometimes I feel like the only thing we talk about is logistics. It’s been at least 6 months since we’ve been on a date.
10:00: I catch up on work, and also prep for school this coming weekend. I go to bed a little after 1:00.
Day 5 Total: $29
Day 6 (Thursday):
5:45: Husband is up and out of the house at his normal time. I wake up and run some financial reports while I have the chance.
7:30: Kids are awake. While they eat breakfast I pack their activity bags and snacks since we’re going to my in-laws today. They are semi-retired and often help when we have childcare hiccups. They are truly a godsend. They live about an hour away and we arrive at their house a little after 10:00. On the way, I fill my car up with gas ($52).
12:30: The girls are having a blast with my in-laws. We take a break for lunch, which is chicken nuggets and hummus for the girls. I eat their scraps and also have some Greek yogurt.
4:15: I have a full afternoon of calls, but it goes smoothly thanks to the grandparents. We leave a few minutes after 5:00 and both girls fall asleep before we reach the first traffic light. This makes for a peaceful drive home. Traffic is heavy so we get home around 6:30. I open the mail, and find a surprise medical bill for $572. This is for the toddler’s trip to the ER…14 months ago! This is the first bill we are getting and honestly it had completely slipped my mind. She had a triple infection and ended up severely dehydrated. Seeing this bill dredges up all sorts of unpleasant memories. I’m grateful we have the means to pay this without issue, and I’m grateful she is healthy. I understand it's a privilege to pay a bill like this without thinking twice.
6:45: Husband arrives home. We reheat a pasta dish he made earlier this week and have a salad on the side. The girls are beat today, so we skip bathtime and let them go straight to bed. Thankfully, daycare can reopen tomorrow. I feel like a weight’s been lifted from my shoulders, especially since I have class tomorrow.
9:00: I have a call with my school study team to work on our group project. It lasts for about an hour.
10:30: Husband and I discuss buying a swing set for our backyard. He’s narrowed it down to two choices, and they’re both awesome: three swings, a rock wall, slide, and clubhouse area. I think they both look great, so I leave the final decision in his hands. The total with shipping and tax ends up being $1760. We considered buying a pre-assembled swing set to save time, but similar models cost nearly $6K. He’s handy, so he said he’d prefer to assemble it himself.
Day 6 Total: $2,384
Day 7 (Friday):
6:15: I have class today so I eat breakfast and get dressed early. I tend to wear a lot of athleisure when working from home. Today I put on a structured ponte dress and hastily apply Tarte makeup to give my skin some color. Every time I make the effort to get dressed, I'm reminded that I really do feel more confident when I look put together. I get to school around 9:00 for my first class.
12:00: Break in my schedule for lunch. I eat a salad and some kind of chicken dish, while catching up with classmates (covered by tuition). For dessert, I have a huge bowl of berries. Lots more coffee to keep me awake and engaged during class.
7:00: Classes are over for the day. I pay parking ($17) and am on my way. I get home at 8:30, in time to do bedtime with my girls. Husband made veggie quesadillas with black beans and guacamole, which I eat once the girls are asleep. I check my work email to make sure nothing is on fire. Then my husband and I watch an episode of “What We Do In the Shadows” and turn in for the night.
Day 7 Total: $17
Food + Drink: $371.50
Fun / Entertainment: $2,106
Home + Health: $572
Clothes + Beauty: $0
Weekly Total: $3,537.5
Reflections: Some of this week’s expenditures were unusual: the swing set, my travel expenses, and that old ER bill are not part of our normal recurring expenses. However, the rest of this week's spending was pretty typical. I realize a lot of this diary revolved around sorting out childcare disruptions…honestly, that takes so much mental and logistical energy on a weekly basis. Writing this diary also made me realize how little time my husband and I spend together. Often we feel like we’re in survival mode, but we need to be more intentional about prioritizing our relationship.
submitted by MonstersOnTheHill
to MoneyDiariesACTIVE [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:05 Sapphire_cat22 The Daily Check-In for Tuesday, May 30th: Just for today, I am NOT drinking!
We may be anonymous strangers on the internet, but we have one thing in common. We may be a world apart, but we're here together! Welcome to the 24 hour pledge!
I'm pledging myself to not drinking today, and invite you to do the same.
Maybe you're new to /stopdrinking
and have a hard time deciding what to do next. Maybe you're like me and feel you need a daily commitment or maybe you've been sober for a long time and want to inspire others.
It doesn't matter if you're still hung over from a three day bender or been sober for years, if you just woke up or have already completed a sober day. For the next 24 hours, lets not drink alcohol!
--- This pledge is a statement of intent.
Today we don't set out trying
not to drink, we make a conscious decision not to drink
. It sounds simple, but all of us know it can be hard and sometimes impossible. The group can support and inspire us, yet only one person can decide if we drink today. Give that person the right mindset!
What happens if we can't keep to our pledge? We give up or try again. And since we're here in /stopdrinking
, we're not ready to give up. What this is:
A simple thread where we commit to not drinking alcohol for the next 24 hours, posting to show others that they're not alone and making a pledge to ourselves. Anybody can join and participate at any time, you do not have to be a regular at /stopdrinking
or have followed the pledges from the beginning. What this isn't:
A good place for a detailed introduction of yourself, directly seek advice or share lengthy stories. You'll get a more personal response in your own thread.
This post goes up at:
- US - Night/Early Morning
- Europe - Morning
- Asia and Australia - Evening/Night
A link to the current Daily Check-In post can always be found near the top of the sidebar.
“Self-care means pausing and paying attention. It’s asking yourself a lot of questions: How am I? What’s working? What’s not working? Why am I stressed, sad, mad, overwhelmed, feeling ashamed, etc.? What can I change? If I can’t change it, how can I cope? If I can change it, what do I do first?” – Ethan Somerman
I’ve definitely been trying to ask myself these kinds of questions more often. I don’t always have an answer, but often the stopping to think about it is helpful in itself.
IWNDWYT lovely people of SD!
submitted by Sapphire_cat22
to stopdrinking [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 05:42 MatchaDoAboutNothing When they come knocking in the morning
By Tony Mosher
I got out of bed Tuesday morning with an overwhelming sense of dread. It was then that the alarms sounded. Those old school air raid sirens. Funny enough, I didn't even know that my town had those. Soon after I received an emergency alert on my phone. “Disaster alert warning. All residents are advised to stay in their houses. Keep clear of all windows. Minimize noise.” God that's weird. I'd never seen an alert like that before. I decided that I'd better call my boss. I probably shouldn't go into work with that alert and all. There's a problem though. No cell signal. I have to say, that's not normal. But why would it be? Air raid sirens, emergency alerts, and no phone. Perfect. Curiously, I make my way to my living room and peak out the blinds. I see a bright and sunny day. I guess it's not a weather alert. But then why did it say to stay away from windows? That's, like, tornado advice. Maybe the person in charge of these alerts messed up or something. But it it was a mess up, why is the cell reception out? I guess I could go to work; nothing seems especially dangerous outside. Oh but everyone else probably got the alert; what if I'm the only one who shows up? No, something might be going on anyway. I'll just call my boss when the reception comes back up. Besides, I hate that stupid job. All I do is answer phones all day. If I get fired it's not the end of the world. Mind made up I closed the blinds and got on my computer, thinking I'd check the local news. That aught to clear up the current state of things. Oh. No wifi. Alright, something is definitely up. This is getting really weird. Why would the wifi be out too? I don't have cable, but maybe I can find something on the free broadcast channels. I flipped on the tv and my blood ran cold. All I found on every channel that comes in was a visual counterpart to the emergency alert I'd gotten on my phone earlier. No answers for me I guess. What the heck do I do? No info, and no entertainment. I sat down on my couch. I guess I was there for a while, deep in thought. A while later I realized maybe I should check in with my neighbor. Ted lived next door, and not very far either. He probably didn't know any more than me, but damn, at least I wouldn't be alone in....whatever it was that was happening. I never made it over there. As I grabbed my jacket, keys, and phone (just out of habit of course), and approached my front door, a loud pounding rang out through the first floor of my house. Someone was at the door, and seemingly REALLY wanted in. I went to answer it, as one does, but stopped. Something felt very wrong about this. None of my neighbors would knock like that. Maybe one of them was freaked out about everything that was going on? No. This didn't feel right. “Let me in, hurry!” came a booming bass voice rang out. That definitely wasn't anyone I knew, and who else but my neighbors would be anywhere around here after the alert? Slowly I crept to the side window to peak out. When I saw who was there, my heart just about stopped. An elderly woman stood at my door. With that voice?! She turned to walk away my stomach turned and I nearly threw up. The way she moved was just not right. Not for someone of her age. Not for anyone ever. She moved in quick, limber strides, punctuated by jerking spastic motions that my eyes almost couldn't process. I know this sounds nuts, god help me, but I don't think she was human. And she was headed to my neighbor's house. She pounded on his door. I prayed he wouldn't answer. I wanted to help him, but what could I do? Of course he answered. Good old dependable Ted; he would never turn away someone in need of his help. That turned out to be his downfall. As he opened the door, she lunged in. I heard a horrible scream. I had an unobstructed view through his front windows, but I didn't want to see this. I let the curtain fall and backed away. Just then another pounding came from my door. This time it sounded like a little girl crying for help. I knew better. This one stayed for a while. At least I think it was the same one. A different voice came every few minutes. But I assume it was the same one. Some time later it left. I heard it walking away. These are not quiet things. I rushed through the house making sure all the lights were off, and all the doors and windows were locked. I grabbed what water and food I could, and shut myself in my hall closet. That was the best place I could think of to hide. No basement in my house, and upstairs was a bad option. If worst came to worst I'd either be trapped, or jumping from a second story window. At least on the ground floor I might be able to make a run for it. Not that I think I'd be successful. I hadn't seen one of these things try to run, but I have no reason to believe they aren't fast. I was in that closet for some time. I don't know exactly how long, but it was at least a couple days. I barely touched my food and water. I was terrified to make any noise. Every few minutes the pounding at the door came back. All sorts of different voices. Honestly I thought I was going to die in that closet. Eventually I knew they would break in. How could they not? They must know I'm here. Why else would they keep coming back? Coming back to the same empty house over and over again would be an awful waste of time. Although, I didn't really know anything about their intelligence. How stupid could they be though, if they were trapping up? They never did break in. I don't know if it was just dumb luck, or if maybe there are rules they have to follow. Either way, I didn't take the bait. Sometime later the sirens sounded again. Like I said I'm not really sure how long, but it was at least a couple of days. I got another notification on my phone. Look at that, I guess the cell reception was back. I barely had time to read the all clear alert before my phone died. I suppose days in a closet will do that, even if I hadn't used it. I disregarded the alert. No way was I coming out of that closet. I'd rather starve to death or die of thirst than to face whatever those things would do to me. I didn't trust the alerts. I may have stayed in that closet forever. The pounding started back up again, and I was glad that I had been skeptical. But then, I heard the sounds of my door being broken down. I really thought that was it. The alert was wrong, and they had finally decided to just force their way in to get me. Imagine my surprise when I found myself being pulled from my closet by personnel dressed in what looked to me like space suits. I found myself being directed out of my house and into a tent. There I was assaulted by a heavy spray of something cold and noxious. Some sort of decontamination shower. It burned my eyes and skin. Afterward I was given a pair of scrubs to wear and was sent off to the hospital for observation. It was at the hospital that I was given an explanation. After my intake a doctor came to talk to me. Apparently there had been an issue at the nearby power plant. The doctor said it was radiation. I had been exposed. I told the doctor that couldn't be, and recounted my experience. He dismissed me and told me that hallucinations were a common symptom of radiation sickness, but I was lucky to have only been minimally exposed. He said that my house must have lead in the walls, because most of the people in my town had gotten much sicker than me. Most of them had died, or were expected to soon. He then informed me that although I had been given a mostly full bill of health, I would need to stay for a few days just in case. I would also need to be monitored periodically throughout my life, as my chance of developing cancer was much higher than the average person. I also wouldn't be able to return home for a while. Disaster personnel would need to clear the area and make sure I wouldn't be at risk of further contamination. Radiation can stick around apparently? I'm not really too sure about all that. But the doctor said the Red Cross would be giving out vouchers to survivors for temporary accommodations and personal needs, once we were released. Everything I had been through in the last couple of days, the explanation laid out for me should have put me at ease. I should be feeling lucky right now. But I wasn't. There was one big problem. As far as I knew, my town did not, or had ever had a nuclear power plant anywhere near it. I would know. I'm a receptionist at the hydro-electric plant about an hour out of town. And as the doctor walked away, I caught a hint of the same spastic movement that the old woman thing had made at the beginning of all this. He was smoother though. Like they learned we could tell that they were different from us. Here's what I think: we're being invaded. I don't know by what, but they're getting better at blending in. If you get an emergency alert, don't go outside. Don't let anyone in. Just hide any pray. I think they might have to follow rules. I think if you don't let them in, they can't just come in. But that's just a guess. Good luck out there.
submitted by MatchaDoAboutNothing
to ChillingApp [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 05:33 Clean-Sorbet-3259 Can you conceal carry in Toronto?
I know this is controversial... but I live downtown Toronto. I am also an East Asian woman. I feel like violence is increasing here. Someone actually threw something at my head at the subway. They attacked other Asians too. A few days ago, I was walking to the street car on dundas. I work near bay and queen. I often work late. Some strange man started following me. No cop to be seen anywhere. I was lucky that some guy helped me.
But what if I'm not so lucky?
I am considering a firearms course and license. I will probably get a Glock if I go through with this. However I am confused whether this is legal for me.
Note: if I can't conceal carry, who are the firearms courses for? How come there are seemingly legit stores selling glocks? I'm also getting conflicting answers. Should I see a lawyer?
And please note that I'm not just getting a gun because someone threw something at me. Let's not forget that there is rising violence against Asians and women here. I worked near Finch when that guy killed pedestrians. He did it specifically to kill Asian girls. I was luckily not at work that day. As an attractive one, I've been attacked in elevators, streets, groped in public, chased in dark alleyways.
Some dude in Montreal chased me around a bar demanding to be kissed. He put his entire body on top of me and kissed me. Bartenders and cops do nothing in Montreal even though they are in front of me.
Situations aren't always avoidable since men often look normal. They advance once the elevators are closed.
I am tired of this. I'm not physically strong compared to men, so I need something strong. I can't always have someone with me.
submitted by Clean-Sorbet-3259
to legaladvicecanada [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 05:21 Optimal_Stable_5286 Suggestions regarding new training phase
I am starting a new training phase where I am changing my method of finger strength training from hangboarding to edge pick ups to vary stimulus. I am also focusing on pulling power through weighted pull ups. I currently boulder exclusively and the hardest I've climbed is v10 outdoors and a v9 indoors. I am 15 years old (male) and have been climbing for roughly 3 to 4 years. Let me know any suggestions, this training plan is around the same volume as my last one (didn't have any issues with it) except I'm adding one power session that being the explosive pull ups on Wednesday (see below).
Let me know any suggestions and if you have done tension block edge lifts for finger strength before. If so, do you recommend holding the weight or doing "reps" where you just pick it up and put it down.
-Weighted pull ups, 3 reps, 5 sets, 90% 1 rep max
-20 reps reverse wrist curls, 3 sets. 20 reps of normal flexor wrist curls, 3 sets. (on each arm). I have been doing this for 8 ish months to keep my elbows healthy.
-20mm tension block edge pick ups: 90% of my 1 rep max for edge lifts. lift for 3 seconds, rest for 5, this is 1 rep, complete 3 reps in a row in a set. (the timing and stuff is a strength training methodology that c4hp recommended in one of his Instagram posts where he said it was better than what is usually prescribed, 1 second hangs). 5 sets on each arm.
-Climb for 2 hours and focus on flashing problems (volume/technique) on the new set v6 and below (usually there are 2 v6's, 2 v5's, and 2 v4's), after that, try climbs at my limit such as v9s or hard v8s
-Pull ups x3 reps and 5 sets for velocity and power, try to be as explosive as possible
-20 reps reverse wrist curls, 3 sets. 20 reps of normal flexor wrist curls, 3 sets. (on each arm). I have been doing this for 8 ish months to keep my elbows healthy.
-Boulder on new set at main gym location for 2 hours and try to do a problem at my single session max, this means trying to complete a v8 if there is one or a v7.
-20mm tension block edge pick ups: 90% of my 1 rep max for edge lifts. lift for 3 seconds, rest for 5, this is 1 rep, complete 3 reps in a row in a set. (the timing and stuff is a strength training methodology that c4hp recommended in one of his Instagram posts where he said it was better than what is usually prescribed, 1 second hangs). 5 sets on each arm.
-Weighted pull ups, 3 reps, 5 sets, 90% 1 rep max
-Boulder on new set at other gym location location for 2 hours and try a v8 or v7, something around my single session max.
-Climb on the 2019 moonboard setup for 2 hours. Try to do 2 problems near my limit, v6 or v7 benchmark.
submitted by Optimal_Stable_5286
to climbharder [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 05:13 ComicStripsBot choose your new dark lord employer (xpost, *NOT* oc)
2023.05.30 04:30 i_donthavea_name (WTS) Thinning the herd: North Arms, Karroll. Olamic, Spyderco, Fox, APurvis, Microtech, SBD, Benchmade, Berg Blades, Lacanico, Giantmouse, Pena X Series, Ferrum Forge
The purge continues! As stated before, I`m getting ready to retire and travel for several months so I'm drastically thinning the herd of safe queens and uncarried blades (round 3). I don't really have the room in the camper for as many knives as I have now. My downsizing can benefit you!
-Not looking for trades but all prices are OBO, all reasonable offers are considered.
-PP G&S, all prices are including shipping, US sales only, first YOLO/comment/message gets the blade.
-Up for sale this round is: https://imgur.com/gallery/luNP8Sc
1.) Steve Karroll AEB-L Fixed Blade.
AEB-L Blade. Previous owner had Karbadize make some scales for it. Comes with kydex sheath. Sheath was cut down to fit the new scales, the cut isn’t the most even but holds super solid. Small bit of wear from the sheath. OAL is about 7 7/16". Never sharpened. Comes with COA. SV $180 https://imgur.com/gallery/GVQEt1z
2.) North Arms Skaha 1 in Carbon Fiber. S35VN with Carbon Fiber Scales. Excellent condition. Very sharp and super light. Nicely centered and has that amazing Skaha action that still stands out. Drops shut too. Wonderful knife with beautiful milling. Comes with taco, North Arms letter, and business cards. SV $200.
3.) Olamic Wayfarer 247.
M390 blade with Olamic's acid dark wash finish. This knife has been carried, fiddled with, but never cut anything besides opening some Amazon packages. The only blemish is a small snail trail on the show side of the blade. The centering is dead-on, action is good. Solid lockup. The scales have a deep-sea finish/sculpting that reflects light beautifully and is even better in person. Bronzed hardware and backspacer, the latter of which is also sculpted to match scales and the clip. Comes with the original zippered pouch, the COA, and the pivot tool. S/N T495-H, DOB 10.30.2020. SV $425 https://imgur.com/gallery/Uj62VEo
4.) Olamic Swish.
Elmax blade with satin finish. Titanium scales in Olamic’s blue seabed contouring. Titanium Clip with nugget backbar anodized bronze. A few very slight marks/scratches on the blade, but not much. Handles look good with no noticeable signs of wear. Detent is very good and the blade fires out nicely with the flipper tab or a Spydie flick. Drop shut and the lock up is solid. Comes with the Olamic case, the COA, and 2 business cards. SV $350 https://imgur.com/gallery/4SPPfO8
5.) Spyderco Paramilitary 2 (PM2) Blackout Lynch. CPM S30VDLC blade. Easily the best PM2 I've ever owned. Snappy, super smooth, rock solid, drops shut, centered. Second owner. It saw some light use from the first owner but looks more or less new, slight wear near the lock on the spine. The edge bevel is a little jacked up but that's how it came from the factory. Comes with nice Lynch box, leftover Spyderco scales, clip, sticker, and key chain. SV $160
6.) Fox Knives 40th Anniversary #005.
M390 striped blade and carbon fiber scales. You won’t find many of these on the internet. This one has a really cool blade. Appears to be a sharpened blade from the previous owner and general signs of carry. Really cool knife though. Perfect size, great ergos, that blade. My only complaint is the detent is a little soft so the action isn't super snappy. No original box but will come in a zippered pouch. SV $375 https://imgur.com/gallery/YTgzX0Q
7.) APurvis Progeny V1.
M390 blade with a satin finish and purple anodized scales. Action is solid and the detent is on point. There are some marks from a previous owner’s sharpening on the choil and a couple of barely visible scratches on the pocket clip. Great knife with good ergos. No box but comes with a pouch. SV $225 https://imgur.com/gallery/6M1x0dr
8.) Microtech UTX-70 SE - CUSTOM.
CTS 204P blade. Previous owner went overboard on this one, it seems like it was a fun little project. This one started life as a standard gray single edge. They then had this one blizzard washed and the hardware bronzed. The Microtech logo was replaced with what was supposed to be a Kraken, but it’s more like a cute little octopus... The blade was acid washed with satin flats, and finished on a wicked edge. All mod work was done by EDC House/Way of the Knife. The knife has not been used since it was modded, just fidgeted with. Functions perfectly and fires great. Some snails on the show side. This is an automatic tool, please be aware of your local laws and regulations. Comes with the box. SV $180 https://imgur.com/gallery/E9VRrf4
9.) Sharper By Design Micro Exo Typhoon with carbon fiber inlays.
M390 blade with carbon fiber inlays. Second owner but the original owner got this one directly from the original drop. Beautiful action, fit, and finish. One of the sharpest factory edges I’ve seen. Comes with the box. SV $300 https://imgur.com/gallery/I1SrdIS
10.) Benchmade Bailout 537SGY. CPM-3V partially serrated tanto DLC blade with black Grivory scales. Original owner but only carried a few times and never used to cut with. Practically new-in-box. Super light (2 oz) and super thin! Solid knife that is an easy carry and opens and closes with ease and fluidity. Comes with the box and Benchmade pouch. SV $175
11.) Benchmade Rift Osborne Design 950SBK. 154CM partially serrated DLC blade with black and charcoal layered G-10 scales. Original owner with light carry and only used to open Amazon packages. Sharp factory edge and perfectly flips open and closed with minimal effort. Very functional edge shape that is similar to the 940 but easier to hold onto with the textured scales. Comes the box and Benchmade pouch. SV $125
12.) Berg Blades Slim M390 stonewashed blade with stonewashed titanium scales. This thing is pretty cool and despite its easily carryable size, makes you feel like you could chop down trees. Not the first owner, I flicked it open a dozen times or so, tested putting it in my pocket a few times, and then put it back in the box. Small snails on the scales but the stonewash hides them well. SV $275
13.) Ray Laconico & Massdrop Keen.
S35VN blade with brushed titanium scales anodized bronze. Gorgeous knife that shows almost no signs of being carried. This thing literally snaps open with early lockup, perfect centering, and no lock stick. Drops shut with the slightest shake. Comes with the box, taco, and R. Laconico cloth. SV $140 https://imgur.com/gallery/w8kACQ4
14.) Giantmouse Vox/Anso ACE Biblio with green Micarta scales. M390 stonewashed blade with green Micarta scales. Original owner and only carried for one week. Found out that micarta wasn’t my style. Great knife with the only signs of carry being slight patina on the micarta but there is still a long way to go to have them fully patinated. Comes with the box and original packing material. SV $150
15.) Pena X Series Lanny’s Clip Flipper.
S35VN clip point blade with green G-10 scale inserts. Beautiful two tone satin and stonewashed blade and blue anodized hardware. The fit and finish is amazing and the action is smooth. Small snails on the titanium bolster. Previous owner added the lanyard and bead. Comes with taco only. SV $210 https://imgur.com/gallery/mzVWxhD
16.) Ferrum Forge & Massdrop Falcon Wing Edition. All black edition with stonewashed DLC S35VN blade with titanium scales milled to resemble a bird of prey’s wing. Really great detent and action. Drops shut with a shake. Second owner with almost no signs of carry. Perfectly centered. SV $85
submitted by i_donthavea_name
to Knife_Swap [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 04:27 Acceptable-Friend-92 The most comprehensive Bollywood gossips and controversies post ever: The Scandals, Love Triangles, Casting Couch, Rumours and Gossips over the Years.
Peeling back the curtain to take an exhaustive look at the scandals, love triangles, and controversies that have rocked our favorite industry over the years. Let me know in comments which ones were you most moved by and which ones you hadn't heard before. Please feel free to add more context or new gossips that you know of, in the comments. I. Epic Love Triangles 1. Salman Khan - Aishwarya Rai - Vivek Oberoi:
This tale begins with Salman and Aishwarya's sparkling chemistry on the sets of "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam" in 1999. Their real-life romance soon hit rocky grounds with allegations of Salman's abusive behavior. Enter Vivek Oberoi, who offered Aishwarya emotional support during this difficult time. This resulted in Salman allegedly making threatening calls to Vivek, leading to a heated press conference by Vivek, and a chilly relationship between the two actors ever since. 2. Hrithik Roshan - Sussanne Khan - Barbara Mori:
The industry was left reeling when rumors of Hrithik Roshan's alleged affair with his "Kites" co-star Barbara Mori started making the rounds in 2010. This reportedly led to a temporary separation between Hrithik and his wife Sussanne Khan. The couple later reconciled, only to eventually divorce in 2014. 3. Raveena Tandon - Akshay Kumar - Shilpa Shetty:
In the late 90s, Akshay Kumar was romantically involved with Raveena Tandon, only to reportedly two-time her with her friend Shilpa Shetty. This led to a feud between the two actresses, though they later buried the hatchet. II. Feuds and Fallouts 1. Shah Rukh Khan - Salman Khan:
Their brotherly love soured at Katrina Kaif's birthday party in 2008, where a heated argument turned their friendship into a rivalry. Their relations have since been turbulent, though they seem to be on better terms now. 2. Karan Johar - Kajol:
This iconic friendship hit a roadblock over a film release clash between Kajol's husband Ajay Devgn's "Shivaay" and Karan's "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil." It took them years to mend their strained relationship. 3. Kangana Ranaut's Feuds:
Her spats with industry veterans from Hrithik Roshan to Karan Johar have been public and often bitter, leading to an ongoing dialogue about insider-outsider dynamics in Bollywood. III. Controversies That Shaped the Conversation 1. The Nepotism Debate:
The conversation around nepotism in Bollywood took center stage after Kangana Ranaut called Karan Johar the "flagbearer of nepotism" on his talk show. This stirred a heated debate about privilege and opportunities in the industry. 2. The Sushant Singh Rajput Case:
Sushant's untimely demise in 2020 led to conversations about mental health, the cutthroat nature of the industry, and sparked an ongoing investigation into his death. 3. Deepika Padukone’s "Cleavage Controversy":
When TOI published an inappropriate article objectifying Deepika, it ignited a much-needed dialogue about the dignity and respect of women in the entertainment industry. IV. The Casting Couch Phenomenon 1. Shakti Kapoor Sting Operation:
In 2005, India TV carried out a sting operation on Shakti Kapoor, where he was caught on camera offering work to an undercover reporter in exchange for sexual favors. The incident exposed the seedy underbelly of the casting couch in Bollywood. 2. Tanushree Dutta - Nana Patekar Incident:
In 2018, Tanushree Dutta accused Nana Patekar of sexual harassment during a 2008 film shoot, marking the advent of the #MeToo movement in Bollywood. V. Turbulent Relationships and Breakups 1. Abhishek Bachchan - Karisma Kapoor Breakup:
This engagement had the makings of a Bollywood fairy tale until it abruptly ended in 2003, amid various speculations, including family disagreements. 2. Amitabh Bachchan - Rekha Affair:
This controversial affair in the 70s between Amitabh, who was married to Jaya Bhaduri, and Rekha, the sultry siren of Bollywood, is still discussed today. Their alleged love story ended after the shooting of 'Silsila', which ironically depicted a similar love triangle. VI. Sensational Controversies 1. The Underworld Connection:
From extortion threats to film financing, the connection between Bollywood and the underworld has been an open secret. The incident of producer Gulshan Kumar's assassination in 1997 sent shockwaves through the industry. 2. Sanjay Dutt's Arms Act Case:
Sanjay Dutt's arrest in 1993, under the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act for possessing illegal weapons, was a major controversy. His involvement strained his career and personal life significantly. 3. The Blackbuck Poaching Case:
Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam, and Sonali Bendre were accused of hunting blackbucks during the shooting of 'Hum Saath Saath Hain' in 1998. Salman Khan was sentenced to 5 years in prison in 2018 but is currently out on bail. VII. Scandals that Made Headlines 1. Shahrukh Khan vs. Shirish Kunder:
SRK allegedly slapped Farah Khan's husband Shirish Kunder at Sanjay Dutt's party in 2012 for his derogatory tweets. 2. The AIB Roast Case:
The 2015 AIB Knockout featuring Karan Johar, Ranveer Singh, and Arjun Kapoor drew significant criticism and legal trouble for its explicit content, questioning the limits of freedom of expression. 3. Priyanka Chopra-Nirav Modi Controversy:
Priyanka Chopra landed in controversy when she endorsed Nirav Modi's jewelry brand, which came under the scanner during the Punjab National Bank fraud case. VIII. Unfortunate Tragedies and Mysteries 1. Parveen Babi's Mental Health:
This yesteryear actress struggled with mental health issues, including schizophrenia. The glamour queen's tragic life ended in isolation, her body discovered in her apartment days after her death. 2. Jiah Khan Suicide Case:
This case from 2013 shocked Bollywood when the young actress took her own life. Her then-boyfriend Sooraj Pancholi was charged with abetting her suicide, and the case is still ongoing. 3. Sushant Singh Rajput's Death:
Sushant's death in June 2020 caused a national uproar and brought attention to mental health, nepotism, and drug use in Bollywood. The case is under investigation by various national agencies. IX. Controversial Remarks and Public Outbursts 1. Salman Khan's "Raped Woman" Comment:
Salman Khan faced public wrath for comparing his physical exhaustion during the filming of 'Sultan' to a "raped woman". His remark was widely criticized for being insensitive. 2. Kangana Ranaut's Confrontations:
Kangana Ranaut has been at the center of several controversies, from her public feud with Hrithik Roshan to her claims of rampant nepotism in Bollywood, causing a storm in the industry. 3. Swara Bhaskar's "Vagina Monologue":
Swara faced backlash for criticizing the portrayal of women in 'Padmaavat', especially her comment that she felt reduced to a "vagina" after watching the movie. X. The Drug Controversy
The 2020 NCB investigation into drug use in Bollywood, which began following the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, has been a significant recent controversy. Several top actors, including Deepika Padukone and Shraddha Kapoor, were summoned by the agency. XI. The Casting Couch Controversy
Casting couch allegations have been rampant in Bollywood, echoing the broader global issue faced by Hollywood in the form of the Harvey Weinstein scandal. Many actors and actresses have reported facing such situations, adding a layer of disgrace to the industry's glamour. 1. Ranveer Singh:
Even male actors like Ranveer Singh weren't immune to this ugly side of Bollywood. Singh has admitted that during his struggling days, he was approached with casting couch offers. 2. Ayushmann Khurrana:
The versatile actor has also spoken out about casting couch experiences in his early career, highlighting that this isn't just an issue faced by actresses. XII. The Age-Gap Issue
Bollywood has often faced criticism for casting significantly younger actresses opposite older actors, furthering the stereotype and raising questions about the representation of women. 1. Shahrukh Khan and Alia Bhatt in 'Dear Zindagi':
Despite the film's critical acclaim, it was criticised for the glaring age difference between Shahrukh, who was 51 at the time, and Alia, who was 23. 2. Akshay Kumar and Kiara Advani in 'Laxmii':
This film also faced similar backlash due to the age gap between Akshay (53) and Kiara (28). XIII. Wage Gap Controversy
Pay disparity between male and female actors has been a significant concern in Bollywood. This inequality reflects the systemic sexism within the industry. 1. Kareena Kapoor Khan:
Kareena highlighted this issue, revealing that she was paid less than her male co-stars in several movies. 2. Priyanka Chopra:
Priyanka also addressed this issue, stating that she was paid significantly less than her male counterparts for the same amount of work. XIV. The MeToo Movement in Bollywood
The MeToo wave hit Bollywood in 2018, shaking the foundations of the industry. Several prominent names were called out for sexual misconduct. 1. Nana Patekar and Tanushree Dutta:
Tanushree Dutta revived a decade-old case of alleged sexual harassment by Nana Patekar on a movie set. This case marked the beginning of the MeToo movement in Bollywood. 2. Vikas Bahl:
The 'Queen' director was accused of sexual harassment by a former employee at Phantom Films, leading to his temporary removal from the 'Super 30' project. 3. Alok Nath:
The veteran actor, known for his 'sanskaari' image on-screen, was accused of rape by writer-producer Vinta Nanda, sending shockwaves through the industry. XV. The Trouble with Award Shows
Award shows in Bollywood have often been under scrutiny for their lack of transparency and allegations of bias. Several stars have boycotted these events, expressing their discontent. 1. Aamir Khan:
Notoriously known for boycotting award shows, Aamir has stated that he doesn't believe in them as he finds them to be biased. 2. Akshay Kumar:
Akshay too has expressed his mistrust in award shows, mentioning that he was once told he would win an award if he performed at the ceremony. XVI. The Nepotism Debate
Nepotism in Bollywood came under severe criticism after the tragic death of Sushant Singh Rajput. Accusations were rife that the industry's preferential treatment of star kids was a contributing factor. 1. Kangana Ranaut:
Kangana sparked the nepotism debate on Karan Johar's talk show when she accused him of being the "flag-bearer of nepotism". 2. Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan:
These star kids have repeatedly faced flak for getting easy entries into Bollywood because of their family connections. XVII. Tax Evasion and Money Laundering Allegations
Several Bollywood celebrities have been involved in tax evasion and money laundering cases, tarnishing the industry's image. 1. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas:
The couple reportedly faced allegations of illegal construction at their Mumbai residence. 2. Shah Rukh Khan:
King Khan had faced a case of alleged irregularities regarding the foreign exchange rule violation for his IPL team, Kolkata Knight Riders. XVIII. The Drug Controversy
Drug use in Bollywood came into the spotlight after the tragic demise of Sushant Singh Rajput. Many industry insiders were interrogated by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). 1. Rhea Chakraborty:
Rhea was arrested by the NCB for allegedly procuring drugs for Sushant. She spent nearly a month in prison before being granted bail. 2. Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan, and Shraddha Kapoor:
These A-list actresses were summoned by the NCB for questioning regarding the drug nexus in Bollywood. XIX. Accusations of Plagiarism
Bollywood has frequently been accused of plagiarising content from Hollywood and other industries without proper credits or rights. 1. 'Barfi':
Anurag Basu's acclaimed film faced criticism for allegedly lifting scenes from various international films. 2. 'Ra.One':
Shah Rukh Khan's ambitious project was accused of being a rip-off of the video game character, G.One. XX. Casting Couch Allegations
One of the darker aspects of Bollywood, and indeed many film industries worldwide, is the infamous casting couch phenomenon. 1. Tanushree Dutta:
She accused Nana Patekar of behaving inappropriately during a film shoot, which led to the #MeToo movement in India. 2. Kangana Ranaut:
Kangana too has spoken out about her experiences with the casting couch early in her career. XXI. Censorship Issues and Political Controversies
Bollywood movies have often been at the center of political controversies, resulting in bans, protests, and even violent threats. 1. 'Padmaavat':
This film faced extreme backlash from certain groups who alleged that it distorted historical facts. Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali and actress Deepika Padukone received death threats. 2. 'Udta Punjab':
This film highlighting the drug menace in Punjab faced numerous cuts from the Central Board of Film Certification, leading to a public outcry about censorship. XXII. Actor Feuds and Professional Rivalries
There have been numerous instances of feuds and fall-outs between Bollywood actors, sometimes even resulting in professional rivalries. 1. Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan:
Although they have patched up now, these two superstars had a notorious feud that lasted for several years. 2. Kareena Kapoor Khan and Priyanka Chopra Jonas:
Rumours of a rivalry between these two leading ladies have often made headlines. XXIII. Social Media Controversies
Social media has often been a platform where controversies erupt, from insensitive tweets to online feuds. 1. Sonam Kapoor:
Sonam was trolled for her comment on a meat ban in Mumbai, where she called the ban "misogynistic." 2. Abhijeet Bhattacharya:
The singer has been involved in numerous Twitter controversies, from making derogatory comments about women to getting suspended from the platform multiple times. XXIV. Controversial Statements and Interviews
Controversial statements made by actors during interviews have often sparked debates and backlash. 1. Salman Khan:
Salman faced criticism for his comment where he compared his physical exertion in 'Sultan' to that of a "raped woman". 2. Ranveer Singh:
Ranveer's statement about fantasizing about Kareena Kapoor Khan received backlash for being inappropriate. XXV. Alleged Affairs and Love Triangles
Bollywood's rumor mills are always buzzing with whispers of secret affairs and complicated love triangles. 1. Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha:
This alleged affair remains one of Bollywood's biggest unsolved mysteries. While neither has confirmed the rumors, their off-screen chemistry has always sparked speculation. 2. Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra:
There were rumors of a close relationship between the two during the shooting of 'Don 2,' although both actors have consistently denied any affair. XXVI. Plastic Surgery Rumors
It's common for celebrities to face rumors of cosmetic procedures, and Bollywood is no exception. 1. Anushka Sharma:
The actress faced immense criticism and trolling when she appeared on 'Koffee With Karan' with what looked like a fuller lip. Anushka later clarified that she used a temporary lip enhancing tool and not surgery. 2. Priyanka Chopra Jonas:
She faced similar rumors early in her career. While she has admitted to a botched surgery, she denies undergoing procedures for cosmetic purposes. XXVII. Scandalous Photoshoots and Wardrobe Malfunctions
These can lead to a storm of criticism, comments, and rumors for the stars involved. 1. Deepika Padukone:
Her 'Cleavage Show' controversy sparked a debate on sexism in media when a leading newspaper tweeted a derogatory comment about her outfit. 2. Alia Bhatt:
She faced a wardrobe malfunction during the promotion of 'Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania,' leading to unwarranted media attention. XXVIII. Controversial Remarks and Public Spats
When celebrities voice their opinions, it sometimes leads to public spats and controversies. 1. Sonakshi Sinha and Mallika Dua:
Sonakshi's comment on an episode of 'The Great Indian Laughter Challenge' didn't sit well with Mallika Dua, leading to a Twitter spat between the two. 2. Kangana Ranaut and Diljit Dosanjh:
Their spat over farmer protests in India became a hot topic on social media. XXIX. Rumoured Relationships
There have been numerous relationships in Bollywood that have been kept under wraps, with only whispers and hints to keep the gossip mills churning. 1. Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif:
This duo never officially confirmed their relationship, but their vacation pictures somehow found their way to the public, fueling rumors. 2. Sidharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt:
Their chemistry in 'Student of the Year' sparked rumors of a budding relationship. However, they both have remained tight-lipped about their relationship status. XXX. Controversial Interviews and Statements
Sometimes, the words of these celebrities can stir a controversy. 1. Alia Bhatt's GK Gaffe:
Her infamous blunder on 'Koffee With Karan' made headlines and led to her being trolled on social media. 2. Sara Ali Khan on 'Colorism':
Sara's comment on preferring a 'fair and handsome' man led to a backlash, with critics accusing her of endorsing colorism. XXXII. Pay Disparity Controversies
Pay disparity in Bollywood has been a point of controversy and a source of debate. 1. Kareena Kapoor Khan:
She openly talked about the pay disparity in Bollywood, stating that she doesn't see her contemporaries being paid as much as their male co-stars. 2. Deepika Padukone:
She called out the pay disparity in Bollywood in several interviews, stating that she was paid less than her male co-stars despite having a substantial role. XXXIII. Allegations of Cheating
Even stars aren't immune to the pain and scandal of cheating allegations. 1. Hrithik Roshan and Kangana Ranaut:
This controversy took the industry by storm when Kangana alleged that Hrithik had cheated on his wife with her. The ensuing legal battle and mudslinging was all over the news. 2. Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha:
This is one of the oldest controversies in Bollywood. Though never confirmed, it's widely speculated that Amitabh had an extramarital affair with Rekha during the peak of his career. XXXIV. Nepotism Debates
Nepotism has been a long-standing issue in Bollywood, causing major debates and controversies. 1. Karan Johar:
Known to launch star kids, Karan has been at the center of the nepotism debate. The controversy escalated after Kangana Ranaut called him out on his own chat show. 2. Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan:
Their debut in 'Student of the Year', produced by Karan Johar, led to allegations of nepotism, creating quite a stir in the industry. XXXV. Alleged Link-ups
Sometimes rumors of link-ups between stars become a hot topic of discussion. 1. Priyanka Chopra and Shah Rukh Khan:
Rumors swirled about a possible affair between Priyanka and Shah Rukh during the filming of 'Don 2'. However, nothing was ever confirmed. 2. Shraddha Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapur:
Their sizzling on-screen chemistry in 'Aashiqui 2' sparked rumors of a real-life romance, although they have denied these claims. XXXVI. Film Set Controversies
Bollywood isn't all glitz and glamour; sometimes things can get heated behind the scenes. 1. Kareena Kapoor and Bipasha Basu:
The two actresses reportedly had a major fallout during the filming of 'Ajnabee' (2001), which escalated during 'Aitraaz' (2004). They only patched things up years later. 2. Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh:
During the making of 'Padmaavat', rumours suggested that there was tension between Shahid and Ranveer due to the allocation of screen time. Both, however, have denied these claims. XXXVII. Money Matters
When big bucks are involved, controversies aren't far behind. 1. Salman Khan and Vivek Oberoi:
Salman reportedly threatened Vivek for getting close to Aishwarya Rai. Vivek called a press conference to disclose this, but the controversy adversely affected his career. 2. Kangana Ranaut and the producers of 'Manikarnika':
There were rumours of budget overruns and Kangana taking over the director's chair, creating quite a stir in the industry. XXXVIII. Career Controversies
Certain career decisions can also lead to controversy. 1. Deepika Padukone and 'Padmaavat':
Deepika's portrayal of Rani Padmavati sparked controversy over the film's historical accuracy. Despite protests and threats, the film was a box office success. 2. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and 'Heroine':
Aishwarya was originally cast in 'Heroine', but after falling pregnant, she was replaced by Kareena Kapoor, causing a buzz in the industry. XIX. The Tinseltown Tales of Southern Cinema
While Bollywood takes the centre stage in Indian film gossip, let's not forget the South Indian film industry, brimming with its own share of drama. 1. Prabhas and Anushka Shetty:
Post 'Baahubali', rumours started swirling about the lead actors' off-screen chemistry. Despite the consistent denial, fans continue to speculate. 2. Nayanthara and Prabhudheva:
Their love story caught everyone's attention, but their relationship ended amidst rumours of a secret wedding. XL. Tollywood's Sensational Stories
The Bengali film industry, known as Tollywood, is no stranger to controversies either. 1. Rituparna Sengupta and Prosenjit Chatterjee:
Once a popular on-screen pair, their professional relationship allegedly soured due to undisclosed reasons. The duo avoided working together for over a decade. 2. Subhashree Ganguly and Dev:
Their reported break-up became the talk of Tollywood, as the duo decided to keep mum about the details. XLI. The Mysterious Marathi Movie World
The Marathi film industry has seen its fair share of controversies. 1. Swapnil Joshi and Mukta Barve:
Rumours of an affair started during their hit series 'Eka Lagnachi Dusri Goshta', but both vehemently denied any romantic involvement. 2. Sai Tamhankar and Amey Wagh:
The rumour mill churned when the duo shared the screen in 'Girlfriend'. Both denied any off-screen romance. XLII. Punjabi Cinema's Spicy Stories
The Punjabi film industry has had its fair share of controversies too. 1. Neeru Bajwa and Amit Sadh:
They reportedly grew close during the shooting of 'Bikkar Bai Sentimental'. Though they never confirmed a relationship, the gossip remained rife for quite some time. 2. Diljit Dosanjh and Neeru Bajwa:
Fans have long speculated about the duo's chemistry beyond the screen. However, both have always maintained their stance as 'just friends'. XLIII. The Turbulent Tunes of Bollywood Singers
Even the crooning voices of Bollywood have been caught in webs of controversy and gossip. 1. Sonu Nigam's Tweet Storm:
His tweets on the use of loudspeakers for Azaan (Islamic call to prayer) sparked outrage, leading to public debates and backlash. 2. Mika Singh's Public Disputes:
His infamous slapping incident at a concert and the Rakhi Sawant kissing controversy kept him in the public eye for all the wrong reasons. 3. Ankit Tiwari's Legal Battle:
The 'Aashiqui 2' singer was embroiled in a serious legal battle when he was accused of rape by a woman. XLIV. The Dark Drama of Bollywood Directors and Producers 1. Karan Johar's Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy:
The film's release coincided with heightened tensions between India and Pakistan, leading to controversy due to the casting of Pakistani actor Fawad Khan. 2. Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmaavat Debacle:
The historical drama stirred massive protests due to its alleged distortion of Rajput history. Bhansali faced physical attacks and massive public outcry.
3*. Mahesh Bhatt and Parveen Babi's Controversial Relationship:* Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt's relationship with late actress Parveen Babi was the subject of controversy and gossip. Their tumultuous affair, coupled with Parveen's battle with mental health issues, made headlines and created a buzz in the industry.
4*. Anurag Kashyap's Marital Woes:* Director Anurag Kashyap's marriage to actress Kalki Koechlin attracted media attention. The couple separated in 2013, and their relationship struggles and subsequent divorce were discussed in the public domain. XLV. Priyanka Chopra's Reddit AMA Fall-Out
Priyanka Chopra's Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) session became controversial when she failed to address certain sensitive questions, leading to disappointment and backlash from the Reddit community. XLVI. Bollywood’s Less Than Starry Behaviour 1. Salman Khan's Media Misadventures:
His scuffles with the media have been well-documented, including an infamous incident where he allegedly snatched a reporter's phone. 2. Kareena Kapoor Khan's Fan Fiasco:
A video of her allegedly snapping at fans asking for selfies caused a stir online. 3. Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone's Fallout:
Post their break-up, they reportedly gave each other the cold shoulder at public events, fuelling the gossip mill. XLVII. The Other Side of the Playback Singers 1. Lata Mangeshkar and Mohammad Rafi's Feud:
One of the oldest controversies that rocked Bollywood was the fallout between these two legendary singers over royalty rights. 2. Abhijeet Bhattacharya's Controversial Remarks:
Known for his controversial comments on various issues, Abhijeet often found himself at the receiving end of public backlash.
3*. Sonu Nigam's Azaan Controversy:* In 2017, singer Sonu Nigam sparked controversy when he expressed his displeasure on Twitter over being woken up by the sound of Azaan (Islamic call to prayer). His comments led to a heated debate on religious tolerance and freedom of expression.
4*. Anu Malik's #MeToo Allegations:* Renowned music composer and singer Anu Malik faced allegations of sexual harassment during the #MeToo movement in 2018. Several women accused him of inappropriate behavior, leading to his removal as a judge from a popular singing reality show. XLVIII. The Many Shades of the Indian Film Industry 1. Dravidian Drama - Tamil & Telugu Cinema:
The south Indian film industry isn't free from controversies either. The rift between the late Tamil Nadu CMs, MGR and Karunanidhi, both of whom were from the film fraternity, impacted the politics of the state for decades. Similarly, the Telugu industry saw the tragic fallout between renowned actors Chiranjeevi and Rajasekhar. 2. Bengali Cinema's Intellectual Ire:
The Bengali film industry, known for its intellectual and artistic cinema, was hit by controversy when the veteran director Rituparno Ghosh's sexual orientation came under public scrutiny.
3*. Tamil Film Industry's Caste-based Controversies:* The Tamil film industry has witnessed controversies related to caste-based issues. Actors and filmmakers have faced criticism for allegedly promoting caste discrimination through their films or making controversial statements.
4*. Malayalam Film Industry's #MeToo Movement:* The Malayalam film industry witnessed its own version of the #MeToo movement, with several actresses coming forward to share their experiences of harassment and misconduct. The movement brought to light the dark side of the industry and led to discussions about the need for safer work environments. XLIX. Unraveling Layers of Love Triangles
Apart from the ones mentioned earlier, love triangles have been a common theme in Bollywood. Some of the real-life instances that became fodder for gossip include: 1. The Madhubala-Dilip Kumar-Raj Kapoor Saga:
In the Golden Era of Bollywood, the Madhubala-Dilip Kumar-Raj Kapoor triangle kept gossip columns busy, especially after the infamous court case during the filming of 'Naya Daur.' 2. The Shilpa Shetty-Akshay Kumar-Twinkle Khanna Triangle:
Akshay Kumar was linked with Shilpa Shetty while he was reportedly in a relationship with Twinkle Khanna. This resulted in much speculation until he eventually married Twinkle. L. Bollywood's Cheating Scandals 1. Hrithik Roshan and Kangana Ranaut:
The alleged affair between Hrithik and Kangana, while he was married to Suzanne Khan, created one of the most publicized controversies in Bollywood. 2. Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha:
The much-speculated affair between Amitabh and Rekha during his marriage with Jaya Bachchan remains one of Bollywood's most enduring rumors. 3. Govinda's Extramarital Affair:
Actor Govinda faced public scrutiny when news of his extramarital affair with actress Rani Mukerji surfaced. The affair reportedly caused strain in his marriage and led to widespread gossip.
Indeed, the Indian film industry isn't just about glitz and glamour, but also about human flaws and frailties that often come to light, adding another dimension to our understanding of it. Here are a few more controversies and rumors that I might have not covered yet (Apologies for any repetitions):
- The mysterious disappearance of Divya Bharti: In 1993, actress Divya Bharti tragically fell from the balcony of her apartment at the age of 19. Her sudden death sparked numerous conspiracy theories and rumors surrounding the circumstances of her demise, including speculation about foul play and possible suicide.
- The alleged black magic practices of Tantrik Chandraswami: Tantrik Chandraswami, a self-proclaimed spiritual guru with connections to several Bollywood celebrities, was accused of practicing black magic and having undue influence over prominent personalities. His alleged involvement in the political and entertainment spheres sparked controversy and speculation.
- The secret wedding of Juhi Chawla: Rumors circulated in the late '90s suggesting that actress Juhi Chawla had secretly married a British businessman. Although Juhi Chawla never publicly confirmed or denied the rumors, they persisted for a considerable period, adding an air of mystery to her personal life.
- The supposed curse of the film "Raaz" (2002): It was rumored that the horror film "Raaz" brought a curse upon its cast and crew. Alleged incidents of supernatural occurrences and mishaps during the film's production led to speculation about a supernatural influence affecting those involved.
- The controversy surrounding the film "Water" (2005): Deepa Mehta's film "Water" faced significant opposition during its production due to its sensitive subject matter and depiction of the treatment of widows in India. Protests, threats, and acts of vandalism occurred on the film's sets, leading to the relocation of the shooting to another country.
- The alleged rivalry between Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi: There were rumors of a rivalry between two Bollywood icons, Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi, during the '90s. Reports suggested that their competition for top actress status led to tensions and strained relations.
- The controversial casting of Sanjay Dutt in the film "Lage Raho Munna Bhai" (2006): Sanjay Dutt's inclusion in the film "Lage Raho Munna Bhai" created controversy due to his involvement in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts case. The decision to cast him sparked debates about ethics and the rehabilitation of individuals with criminal backgrounds.
- The alleged love triangle between Aamir Khan, Reena Dutta, and Kiran Rao: Speculation emerged about a love triangle involving actor Aamir Khan, his ex-wife Reena Dutta, and his second wife Kiran Rao. Reports suggested that the dynamics of their relationships overlapped, leading to rumors and discussions in the media.
- The controversy surrounding the film "Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love" (1996): Director Mira Nair's film "Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love" faced controversy and censorship challenges due to its explicit content and portrayal of sexuality. The film's release was met with mixed reactions and debates about artistic freedom.
- The alleged involvement of Bollywood celebrities in the IPL spot-fixing scandal: During the Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal in 2013, rumors swirled about the involvement of certain Bollywood celebrities in illegal betting and match-fixing activities. Although no substantial evidence was found to support these rumors, they generated significant speculation and discussion.
- Govinda and David Dhawan's fallout: Govinda, known for his comedic roles, had a fallout with director David Dhawan, with whom he had collaborated on several successful films. Reports suggested that their relationship deteriorated due to creative differences and personal issues, leading to a strained professional relationship.
- Aditya Pancholi and Kangana Ranaut's legal battle: Kangana Ranaut accused actor Aditya Pancholi of physical and emotional abuse during their alleged relationship. The legal battle between them attracted significant media coverage, with both parties presenting their sides and filing counter-allegations.
- The alleged love affair between Rani Mukerji and Abhishek Bachchan: Rumors circulated about a romantic relationship between actors Rani Mukerji and Abhishek Bachchan during the shooting of their film "Yuva" (2004). Speculation about their relationship and its impact on Abhishek's engagement to Aishwarya Rai was a subject of gossip in the industry.
- The alleged feud between Aishwarya Rai and Sonam Kapoor: Reports suggested that Aishwarya Rai and Sonam Kapoor had a strained relationship stemming from a comment Sonam made about Aishwarya's fashion choices at the Cannes Film Festival. The alleged tension between the two actresses garnered attention in the media.
- The controversy surrounding the film "Fiza" (2000): Actress Karisma Kapoor faced backlash for her portrayal of a Muslim character in the film "Fiza." The film's depiction of communal violence led to accusations of misrepresentation and insensitivity, resulting in protests and debates.
- The controversy surrounding the film "Rahul" (2001): Director Prakash Jha's film "Rahul" faced objections from the National Commission for Women (NCW) for its portrayal of a teacher-student relationship. The NCW raised concerns about the film's potential to promote inappropriate relationships and demanded cuts or a ban.
- The controversy surrounding the film "Mohalla Assi": Starring Sunny Deol, the film "Mohalla Assi" faced censorship issues and remained unreleased for several years. The CBFC objected to its content, which included explicit language and the portrayal of religious figures, leading to legal battles and delays.
- The alleged rivalry between Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan: Rumors of a rivalry between two of Bollywood's biggest superstars, Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan, have circulated for years. Reports suggest that there is an underlying competitiveness between them, with occasional subtle digs and comparisons made in the media.
- The alleged tiff between Kangana Ranaut and Deepika Padukone: Reports of a rivalry between actresses Kangana Ranaut and Deepika Padukone have made headlines. While both have denied any animosity, occasional comments and indirect references in interviews have fueled speculation about a cold war between them.
- The mysterious disappearance of actor Nadia: Nadia, the first female stunt actress and action heroine of Indian cinema in the 1930s and 1940s, vanished under mysterious circumstances in the 1940s. Her sudden disappearance left the industry and her fans bewildered, and her fate remains unknown to this day.
- The controversial love triangle involving Guru Dutt, Geeta Dutt, and Waheeda Rehman: There were rumors of a complex love triangle between legendary filmmaker Guru Dutt, his wife, playback singer Geeta Dutt, and actress Waheeda Rehman during the making of the film "Pyaasa" (1957). While the exact nature of their relationships remains speculative, it added an intriguing layer of mystery to their personal lives.
- The unsolved murder of director Bimal Roy's cinematographer Subrata Mitra: Subrata Mitra, the acclaimed cinematographer known for his work with director Bimal Roy, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in 1997. The case remains unsolved, leaving behind unanswered questions and speculations.
- The alleged paranormal occurrences during the filming of the horror film "Mahal" (1949): During the shooting of the iconic film "Mahal," there were numerous reports of eerie happenings on set. Actors and crew members claimed to have witnessed strange phenomena and experienced unexplained incidents, adding a supernatural element to the film's legacy.
- The enigmatic persona of actor Guru Dutt: Guru Dutt, the iconic actor-director of the 1950s and 1960s, was known for his introspective and melancholic on-screen persona. His tragic death in 1964, attributed to an overdose of sleeping pills, continues to be shrouded in mystery, with debates about whether it was an accident or suicide.
- The controversy surrounding the film "Bandit Queen" (1994): Director Shekhar Kapur's film "Bandit Queen," based on the life of Phoolan Devi, faced legal challenges and controversies for its explicit content and portrayal of violence. The film's release was delayed, and it sparked debates on artistic freedom and the depiction of real-life incidents.
- The alleged black magic practices in the film industry: Over the years, there have been rumors and claims of certain individuals in the film industry practicing black magic or being involved in occult practices. These rumors have fueled speculation and added an element of mystery to the industry.
- The alleged rivalry between Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar: Two legendary actors of the Indian film industry, Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar, were rumored to have a rivalry during their heyday. Reports suggested that their professional competition and different acting styles fueled tensions and strained relations between them.
- The controversial relationship between Kamal Haasan and Sarika: Actors Kamal Haasan and Sarika were in a live-in relationship for many years and had two children together. However, their relationship was marked by rumors of infidelity and personal differences, leading to a tumultuous and publicized separation.
- The controversy surrounding the film "Sins" (2005): Director Vinod Pande's film "Sins" faced severe criticism and opposition due to its explicit content and portrayal of taboo subjects like sex and religion. The film's release was marred by protests, bans, and legal battles, igniting debates on artistic freedom and censorship.
The information provided in this post is based on available public sources, media reports, and general knowledge. While we strive to ensure accuracy and reliability, we cannot guarantee the completeness or authenticity of the information. The content presented here is for entertainment purposes only and should not be considered as factual or verified. Any views, opinions, or statements expressed in this post are those of the respective individuals or sources mentioned and do not necessarily reflect our views. We encourage readers to conduct further research and exercise their own judgment when interpreting the information provided. We shall not be held liable for any errors, omissions, or damages arising from the use of this post.
submitted by Acceptable-Friend-92
to BollywoodBubble [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 04:26 TheSmogmonsterZX The Daughter that Follows - Chapter 27 - Reunited - Part 2
Disclaimer: Registered trademarks and copyrights are properties of their rightful owners. As this series jumps realities very often it is hard to track that info. DM, the Digitalman, the Scion of Variable is a creation of my good friend who does not use Reddit and is used with permission. The Pokémon Lucario is © The Pokemon Company.
“To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.” Euripides The Daughter that Follows Chapter 27 Reunited Part 2
Anna woke up in a mostly bare room, the only decorations were a few pictures of animals and dinosaurs that her father had collected. Rio was sitting and meditating, facing the rising sun. Anna watched her for a few minutes before standing to get ready. “Anna...”
Rio asked, some small fear was hinted at in her mental voice. “What happens to me when this is over?”
Anna paused, she was slightly confused by the question. “What do you want to do?” Anna asked.
Rio herself emanated some confusion and fear. “I don’t know. My parents will not be happy I took off the stone or that I evolved.”
Anna hugged Rio. “Well you can stay with me and my dad. Like I said, I adopted you.” “I’m serious Anna.”
Rio sighed. “So am I.”
Anna pushed the thought. “As far as family is concerned, you’re a part of mine.”
Rio let a low contented rumble escape her, then stood and walked out.
A few moments later Anna walked out into her father’s small, but comfortable living room. He had apparently upgraded from a trailer to an on site home. Dr. Wu had also apparently insisted he do so, if only because the trailer had recently lost a roof to a mysterious glowing phenomena.
“So I got eggs, toast and if you can beat Rio, bacon.” Alan laughed. “No one beats me at bacon.”
Rio smiled and yipped.
Anna laughed as she took a few scoops of scrambled eggs with a few slices of toast and bacon. Alan joined the both of them and sat smiling. “So how’s V?”
“Probably driving Salem insane.” Anna nodded.
“Not hard.” Alan chuckled. “Once we’ve had the time to relax and reconnect, I’m gonna head out, you give me a week then you follow.”
“What, no objections?” Alan laughed.
“I’m going to get my people together during that time.” Anna smiled.
“You have people now?” Alan laughed.
“Uncle Stephen.” Anna nodded, “Endara, a few others like SideEffect.”
“Jesus!” Alan jumped up and looked around. “Sorry, the fact that he exists outside of Dross City has always left a permanent fear of him just finding me.”
Anna stared and nodded at her father. “I’d say I’d invite Wraith’s variant but I don’t think that’s a smart idea.”
“No Agatha or Danny.” Alan pointed at her, “They’ll be targets.”
Anna nodded, “Oh, I know. I might get Shepard...”
Alan burst into laughter and a glint of maniacal glee glinted in his eyes. “You leave them to me.”
“Kratos?” Anna asked.
“Go ahead.” Alan smiled.
Anna shifted, slightly uncomfortable at seeing her father become slightly unhinged.
“Don’t worry, I’m not gonna rip apart the multiverse, I just know more than a few Shepards I can call on for help.” Alan sighed. “Trust me, please. “
Anna nodded, then perked up. “OH! The Spider-Men!”
Alan smiled, “You get the ones you met, I’ll get the others.”
“The others?” Anna asked.
Alan sighed, “Look, the less I have to explain about the Spider-Verse and the lunatics there, the better.”
“Spider-Verse? Anna laughed.
“Don’t laugh, it’s a serious thing in their section of the multiverse.” Alan explained. “Keeps all their worlds held together.”
“Through a web, right?” Anna smirked.
“The Web of Life.” Alan nodded.
Anna stopped as she realized her father was serious. “You mean that, how does that work?”
“Reality is as deep as we can perceive, and the Spiders heroes in that part of the multiverse cna perceive just that much deeper than most others.” Alan explained. “The fact that the majority are absolutely fueled by doing the right thing is a benefit those realities don’t even realize they have.”
Anna stared and blinked.
“They’re more powerful than most realize and the ones who do, usually think they’ll break at some point.” Alan laughed and closed his eyes with a sigh.
When he opened them though Anna saw something different in his eyes. A mist of white just beyond the iris seemed to be there and it called to power deep in her. Anna gasped.
“I think we both know that though.” Alan smiled. “So, you’re gonna be heroism.”
Alan looked at Rio. “They got a spot for you yet?”
Rio shook her head.
“Give’em time.” Alan laughed.
Rio grasped her Megastone and nodded.
“Think I’ll go pick up Release.” Alan laughed. “See if he wants to go for one more adventure together.”
“I think he’d love that.” Anna smiled. “Bonds beyond life and death.”
Rio nodded as she looked at her own megastone.
“Exactly.” Anna smiled. “So what’s happening today?”
“Today, I’m either going to be working with a very picky pachy, or Billy’s going to give me a call.” Alan sighed. “Tuesdays.”
Anna nodded. “I’d like to help, either way.”
Alan nodded and smiled, then a dark though clouded his joy. “Anna, what else have you fought? I know the Heartless, the Organization and Atropos’ goons.” “And Stockman.”
Alan nodded. “He’ll be handled. Trust me.”
“What’d you tell Perfection last night?” Anna asked.
Alan smiled. “I gave a good friend an idea for a magic lesson for his student.”
Anna paled. “You didn’t.”
“Alex needs to learn.” Alan smiled.
Anna shook her head. “Well other than them, borg-Reavers, but only at a distance.”
Alan nodded with a look of worry. “I remember that story.”
“Draal...” Anna said with a murderous glare.
Alan telekinetically moved the sharp knives he owned back into their drawers. Rio stared at Anna with a look of concern.
“While I completely agree, I can’t help but feel maybe I should be the one with that much anger towards him.” Alan gave a nervous laugh.
“He kept showing up and insisting he wanted to help.” Anna hissed.
“Yeah, I’m Tiger Dropping him into a star.” Alan growled.
“Wouldn’t that hurt?” Anna asked.
“Tiger Drop negates all damage.” Alan smiled, “Not that you’d get that. Please tell me you don’t get that? I don’t want to have to kill a Majima.”
Anna stared at her father and shook her head.
“Good.” Alan smiled and nodded.
“Rio?” Anna asked. “I have no idea.”
“Then there’s Dinal.” Anna said. “If I ever see her again, I’m gonna nuke her.”
Alan nodded. “Not if I see her first.” He smiled.
“I don’t think the Scareek can follow me but I think I made them think humans in that reality were psychic.” Anna explained as she continued, ignoring her father's prodding.
“Damn.” Alan laughed, “We can try and fix that after.”
Anna shook her head. “I kinda should have died. Perfection saved me but made it look like I did.”
Alan stared at his daughter. “Well then they get a wonderful news flash because if Perfection’s involved there’s a plan at work and someone is getting f’d in the a.”
Anna snorted at her father’s phrasing. “No saying hi. MAybe let them see us?”
“You feel guilty.” Alan smirked.
“I...” She sighed. “I messed up big.”
Alan nodded. “Then we’ll see what we can do.”
“Oh!” Anna slammed her fist. “Sindri and Odin!” “Right, Thor is back there too.”
Rio added. “He isn’t a monster anymore.”
Alan paused and looked at Rio. “I have a distinct memory of my barriers being casually obliterated.”
“He’s changed, for his daughter.” Anna explained. “To be better.”
Alan looked at Anna and nodded. If there was one thing he could understand it was that. “Kratos okay with him?”
Anna nodded. “They’re trying to make everything as peaceful as they can, but Sindri and Odin are working with Atropos.”
“Damn.” Alan hissed. “They weren’t kidding.”
“They’ve been keeping you informed, haven’t they?” Anna asked.
Alan nodded as his phone went off with a K-pop song. He answered the phone and watched his daughter fall out of her chair laughing.
“Yeah, I can be ready in an hour. Got my kid with me, she’s got the skills to help keep one of them calm.” Alan said in a serious tone.
Anna popped back up and shoveled food into her mouth as fast as she could.
“Trike herd and...” Alan paused as he wrote it down. “They made another I-Rex?” He sighed as he clearly received confirmation. “We’ll take the Rex, you guys can handle the herd and if we have to put this one down we can do it quickly.” He ended the call and nearly tossed his phone across the room.
“It’s not a normal dinosaur is it?” Anna asked.
“Made in a lab, originally to be a more ‘exciting’ dino.” Alan hissed. “Raised it and it’s sibling without other interactions.”
“Oh god.” Anna gasped.
“It went berserk once it got out, and it’s extremely smart. Part Raptor and rex with some squid thrown in to help it cloak.” Alan explained. “This one was specifically raised to be a weapon but it’s a juvenile, it can have a chance.”
Anna nodded. “I can keep us safe.”
Alan smiled. “I don’t doubt that. You keep us safe I’ll get in her head.”
Anna smiled as she again shoveled food into her mouth.
Alan laughed. “Eat, get your gear.” “May I stay?”
Anna nodded. “Are you sure?”
Rio nodded, “This area allows me to meditate with ease.”
Anna nodded and finished her meal, then ran to get ready. (T)(D)(T)(F)---(T)(F)(T)(W)
Hours later Alan was staring at Anna’s gear, she was dressed in her red hoodie, a shirt that had a t-rex with grabby arms, torn jeans and steel toed boots. Of course under all of that was some of the best light armor that the Sixth World could afford with some bonuses only a very mean man could obtain for his goddaughter.
“Punk.” Alan nodded.
Anna smiled. “Sheena is
a punk rocker.”
Alan rolled his eyes, “I guess I shouldn’t be surprised given your sisters.”
Anna giggled. “At least Arlina was a proper lady.”
Alan burst into a fit of raucous laughter then stopped. “Oh, you’re serious.”
Anna blinked. “What was she for you?”
“Rebellious adult daughter who only listened to dad when she and her boyfriend caused more trouble to explode from tiny issues.” Alan smiled. “And a loyal daughter who went out of her way to protect her dad.”
Anna smiled. “She really was brave.”
Alan nodded. “Always was. She’s smiling on you kiddo.”
“All right.” The pilot said from the front of their plane. “We’re getting to the drop zone.”
“Awesome.” Alan smiled.
“Drop zone?” Anna asked.
“We’re jumping!” Alan smiled with a deeply disturbingly happy laugh as he handed his daughter a parachute and hit a button that opened the rear of the large plane they were on.
“We can fly!” Anna shouted.
Alan nodded as he put on his parachute, smiled and walked to the edge. “God I love a good jump!”
Anna watched as her father leaped out of the plane. Anna shook her head and dropped the parachute, ran forward and dove forwards as Hong Long roared to life around her. She looked over to see her father shaking his head, his parachute was still not deployed. He leaned into his dive, much to Anna’s shock. She and Hong Long Lurched forward, careening towards the ground, faster and faster. She watched her father’s parachute open two thirds of the way down. Then she felt the world pull on her less and Hong Long slowed down as a purple energy wave washed over them both. Then she passed her father’s parachute and he was no longer in it, he was now rocketing towards the ground.
“CHEATER!” Anna roared as she tried to push Hong Long’s power forward. She focused hard and grit her teeth as she watched Hong Long’s scales and mane turn golden, and they plowed straight through the field and past Alan, straight to a landing position on the ground.
Hong Long coiled and sat up straight to howl in victory.
A few seconds later Alan landed with just a flutter of the ragged edges of his now dull blue jacket. He looked his daughter and her tulpa over, then nodded in approval.
“So this is what Sayain energy does to your dragon...” Alan observed.
Hong Long nodded happily.
“Okay then.” Alan smiled, “Let’s see how much you’ve learned.”
Anna stared at her father. “What?”
“Find our target.” Alan smiled.
“I thought I was our defense.” Anna crossed her arms.
“Kid I can make a barrier that it takes a God of Thunder to break.” Alan snorted. “And I want to see you work.”
Anna gave a huff but closed her eyes to try and focus. She reached out as far as she could, which was admittedly a lot farther than it used to be. She could now reach out close to seven or eight kilometers. She felt nothing but random animals skittering and hunting, but nothing abnormally aggressive. She looked at her father and shook her head.
“Really?” Alan took a breath. “Can’t reach that far I guess.”
Anna nodded. “About eight kilometers at my highest focus.”
Alan nodded, “Well then we’re heading that way.”
“Is it that way?” Anna asked.
“Maybe!” Alan smiled.
Anna rolled her eyes but followed her father, pulling Hong Long back into her being. She was also really regretting wearing her hoodie as they had landed in a jungle, likely near the border of Central and South America. They walked for hours before Alan finally stopped and paused.
“What’s wrong?” Anna asked.
“What do you hear?” Alan asked.
Anna stopped and heard nothing. The animals had gone silent.
“There’s a predator nearby.” Alan said.
Anna focused and felt a mind focused on them. It was watching and stalking from above.
“Do they hunt in trees?” Anna asked,
“No.” Alan sighed, “They don’t.”
“Then what’s hunting us?” Anna asked as a tremble of fear rolled down her spine.
“Something that’s about to make a horrible mistake.” Alan sighed. “This one doesn’t belong here.”
“NO!” The voice of Ragnis bellowed as he appeared high in the trees and tossed the stalker to the ground. He then followed the creature and lopped its right arm off at the shoulder. “It doesn’t.”
Alan pulled the arm to him and with more than enough force to turn the bones in the arm to mush, launched it skyward where it exploded in a brilliant explosion about a minute later, well above the atmosphere.
The creature laid on the ground, clearly in shock. Alan wrenched a metallic mask that was covered in bones, off the face of the green-blooded stalker. Anna saw the crab-like face and flinched, she remembered the movie this creature was from.
“This is a yautja.” Alan explained.
“I thought it was a Predator.” Anna asked.
“That’s the name of the movie.” Alan said. “These guys can be a pain or a threat.” He bent down to inspect the alien’s face.
Anna felt something hungry approaching and pressed herself against a large tree.
Ragnis moved and pulled a trident from his back which he used to pin the creature to the ground through its gut.
“Bad-blood.” Alan nodded and pointed to a burn on the alien’s forehead. “He’s been disowned by his clan for breaking sacred rules. Likely hunting young prey or unarmed prey.”
“And he’s not from the neighborhood.” Ragnis scoffed. “Honestly, she tried this? I’m bored.”
“Get him out of here, will you?” Alan asked, “We have an Indominous Rex to find.”
“Dad.” Anna nodded towards where she felt the large hunger coming from.
“Well, enjoy the hunt!” Ragnis said as he winked and vanished with the hunter.
Alan focused ahead and nodded to Anna. “Now you take the defensive.”
Anna nodded and stood next to her father. She felt another set of eyes looking at her, then another set of eyes and she froze for a moment.
“There’s a second one, dad.” Anna hissed.
“Of course this one’s social with a sibling.” Alan nodded. “Okay, so we need to take one each.”
“Dad?” Anna looked at her father.
“What have you fought?” Alan asked. “You stood up to Daleks. To Dinal. We just need to calm them down.”
Anna nodded and focused, not bringing Hong Long forward, she did not want to be seen as aggressive to whichever of these dinosaurs ended up benign her opponent.
She watched for a few minutes and then the jungle blinked and nodded at her. Then jaws caming rushing at her and her father and they each went a different direction.
\\\\ First Previous
/// Next SPOTIFY LIST!
S: So clearly I did not finish this over the weekend.
S: But like half my plans didn’t pan out so I was mapping the depths of Hyrule.
Wraith: The last one was so stupidly hidden.
Perfection: And now we have a Biggorn Sword Sword.
Wraith: I have to admit the fuse system is hilarious.
Perfection: Now if Only we could sword-chuck.
Wraith: No! We are not going back there!
DM: Everytime we go there there’s one less Black Mage in reality.
Perfection: Look, I can’t help it if he pisses Wraith off.
Wraith: SPINE-ECTOMY! (rage fueled sputtering)
S: Right, well the fight will continue into the next chapter with two I-Rexes.
submitted by TheSmogmonsterZX
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 03:50 BuggyBonzai Different Fast Food French Fries
2023.05.30 03:35 Master_Antelope What if I Rewrote Miraculous? (Season 4, Eps 1-13) (minor spoilers for S5)
Sorry I've been gone for a bit, I had a storyline to finish up and a few bad bouts of writer's block, but I managed to get to this finished up! Here's Season 4, eps 1-13! Be sure to leave some feedback!
Season 4 (March-April):
- Truth: First change (shared with Lies): Lukanette/Adrigami are clearly established to have been a thing over multiple weeks/a month, with the NY special being the second(?) time they’re truly established. I doubt it’s truly satisfactory, but stuff still has to work within this specific season/the larger narrative, so… eh. Second change: Andrew Hendrol is present for the concert on the Liberty (“I might have to challenge you guys to a battle of the bands one day.”) and slips off to transform into Dragonus just before Luka arrives akumatized. He absorbs Truth/Eyebeam’s (renamed Light Eye) powers then buggers off to appear later in Lies. Third change: Shadow Moth’s design. While I personally like it, it wasn’t terribly popular. So here's a slight redesign: the main body can stay the same with its purple overcoat and black lapels but make the purple a bit darker and the lapel is the same as it was on Hawk Moth. His cowl is now a chromed blue with a peacock feather “eye” right on the forehead instead of his Zuko monocle. His skin turns indigo like Mayura’s and his eyes are like Duusu’s, but more malevolent. The biggest change to his costume is the function of the tailcoat itself: its tail is like a male peacock’s train, long and vibrant blue with pinkish feather eyes in the back, and it opens and spreads in reaction to his emotions. For example, if he’s pleased or angry, it opens up and spreads out behind him, and if he’s exasperated/neutral, it folds back down. Fourth change: Marinette’s transformation into Ladybug is fixed this time around.
- Lies: First change: Marinette isn’t as fan-girly over the Adrien life showing, instead wondering if he’s doing alright with his schedule. Tikki and the others assure her that he’s probably used to it, and she doesn’t have to be so worried about it. Of course, this doesn’t dissuade her nerves, especially not when the modeling session the show films has Lila in it. Second change: The art room scene gets a couple added lines of dialogue (“Adrien. Our parents raised us for perfection, but we don’t need that. We’re already perfect. We’re perfect. Just show me your truth.” “But… I’m not sure what that truth is.” “Let me show you.”) before their class starts. Third change: the Hendrols are present for Prince Ali’s birthday party – it’s why Dragonus skedaddled from the fight – and Andrew manages to hide and transform without anyone noticing, avoiding Lies’ sphere. Even Dragonus can’t risk touching the sphere, even if his cravings for power – much like a vampire – don’t go away.
- Gang of Secrets: First change: Tikki attempts to console Marinette after she talks about worrying about Shadow Moth and Dragonus (“Well, Duusu had always been a bit chaotic. I could imagine that he might be causing Shadow Moth a problem or two. As for Dragonus… he can’t have it much better than you right now, right?”), which cuts to Andrew Hendrol and the Dark kwamis all having a dance party to unknown song that sounds suspiciously similar to “Hips Don’t Lie”. Second change: Instead of the girls just barging up, Tom and Sabine give them permission to go up and check on Marinette. “She hasn’t been answering for us, maybe she will for you.” And the dollhouse doesn’t break from Rose taking off the roof. Rather, Rose trips on something – maybe a roll of thread or a screwdriver or loose paper – and knocks into it. Same result, though, but Alya rightfully calls Mari out: “Okay, Marinette, something is really wrong with you. I’m sorry we can in uninvited, but your parents said we needed to check up on you, and I’m sorry Rose broke the house, but it was a complete accident and you’re blowing up over it. There’s more going on here than just boy trouble, isn’t there? We’re your friends, girl, we want to help.” To which Mari replies: “Maybe I don’t want your help, or your friendship anymore. Get out!” Third change: Dragonus swoops in during the fight and knocks around the Gang of Secrets himself after LB catches Lady Wifi, which inadvertently gives LB time to talk LW into rejecting her powers. Fourth change: Rena Rouge doesn’t look as off in this episode, where her skin was a few tones too light. Dunno if it was intentional, but that still could be fixed. The episode ends as normal.
- Mr. Pigeon 72: First change: a biggie. Alya acknowledges Lila’s number of akumatizations and says, “You know, even if you couldn’t tell me about Lila’s lying about being BFFs with Ladybug, you still could’ve told me – or anyone, for that matter – about how she threatened you in the bathroom. No one threatens my BFF with impunity.” I know a lot of people were upset with Alya’s passiveness over the whole Lila situation, but this line will have impact throughout the rest of the rework. Second change: I found this out on a whim, but it turns out city pigeons are a kind of dove, so Bob Roth wasn’t entirely wrong. Fun. Third change: Andrew Hendrol is watching the evil pigeons transform people outside and figures out he can’t go out, transformed or not, without getting touched. Vorrath: “When has that stopped you before?” Andrew: “I’ve got it.” Cut to later, he invades the fight between the illusions and Mr. Pigeon in a giant mech made out of a sentimonster that he teleported into so he could fight. Overkill doesn’t begin to cover this guy. Fourth change: I’m tempted to change Ladybug’s Lucky Charm suit to her permanent one, but if I did, certain episodes wouldn’t have as much oomph later… hmmm. For now, her suit can stay the same.
- Psycomedian: Honestly don’t know what to do with this one, it’s a fairly solid little episode; funny, love square-y, gives Gabriel some background and Cat Noir some spotlight. I guess I can really just add Dragonus to the mix: Psycomedian tries his emotion-gimmick on him and he no-sells it (there is a lot, and I mean a lot of lore behind Dragonus/Andrew Hendrol, so I think it would be easier to link my original fics with him up to the point I’m at for posting and you can explore his background there, as well as his powers) then proceeds to quickly skirmish with Angrybug: “There’s the fire I sensed when I absorbed your powers! Why don’t you let loose like this a little more? Finish the job!” (Again, lore makes sense if you read my main fics, I’m sorry, but he’s such a big character in my works that I don’t know how to condense it down. I’ll try but expect that later.)
- Furious Fu: First change: I’m really, really confused as to why Fu and Marianne are not referred to as husband/wife or at least married. They would’ve gotten married, right? It’s not a thing that I or the fandom seem to be upset about, I’m just super confused, and if anyone is willing to enlighten me, I’d be thankful. For now, Fu and Marianne are a couple, husband and wife, like they should’ve been since Backwarder or before. Second change: During the fight between LB/CN and Su-Han, guess who shows up but Dragonus. Su-Han freezes for a moment, which gives LB/CN time to snatch the Miracle Box, but Su-Han tries to pull it back. SH: “Ladybug! You did not tell me the Dark Dragon Miraculous was in Paris!” CN: “Sounds like you never asked!” Dragonus: sarcastically “Aw, now you’ve hurt my feelings.” Draws sword and points it at SH. “So you’re the Celestial Guardian I heard about. Head honcho, I’m guessing.” SH turns his aggression towards Dragonus. SH: “You and your kind are a blighted spot amongst the history of the Miraculous, demon!” Lunges. “Heavenly Retribution! The Righteous Will of the Justiciar Breaks the World’s Evil!” Dragonus dodges most of the attacks and matches a few of them, but Su-Han lands one good punch to the stomach. Dragonus: “growls Alright, then. You aren’t as much of a pushover as they are… or the Guardians at the Temple were. If we’re going to talk in metaphors, here's mine.” Flies away from SH and presses center of sword, opening a compartment and pulls out a purple pendant on a chain, emblazoned with a stylized T-rex face. “The grand unity of dinosaurs and dragons humbles the arrogant monk. Rexx, Vorrath, Unify!” (See here for appearance: https://archiveofourown.org/works/42733506/chapters/114090748 use ctrl-F and search "Thero"). “Thero Dragon flies as the Dark Guardian!” This reveals to everyone present that Dragonus has more of the Dark Miraculouses at his disposal and subsequent “oh crap” from Su-Han reveals how serious it is. By this point, LB/CN ran off, Thero Dragon taunts Su-Han and flies off, then doesn’t return until the battle with Furious Fu in the stadium, where he absorbs FF’s powers and briefly fights LB/CN before flying off again, proclaiming that “You haven’t seen the last of Thero Dragon!”. Episode ends as normal, but Su-Han will appear again this rewrite before Ephemeral.
- Sole Crusher: Okay, major change time again. I know a lot – almost utterly ridiculously so – of people do/did not like Zoe in the slightest. But, since I’m trying to stay fairly… fair to the source material (while adding new and interesting concepts), we are including Zoe, only her introduction is going to be quite different. Zoe has come to Paris because her time at her boarding school was cut short due to complete and total bullying, and her own father, a man we know as Robert Lee from Audrey, is too distant to think of another arrangement within NY and sends her to Paris to be with her mother. So, Zoe is going to be quite sullen/angry with her situation, and this becomes apparent when Marinette runs into her. Marinette apologizes profusely, but Zoe gives her a glare and basically tells her to bugger off. Marinette, though, recognizes something is wrong and pries just a little more (and it’s framed as Marinette trying to keep Zoe from attracting Shadow Moth’s attention while simultaneously trying to help), and Zoe reveals a bit of what’s happened – including the one friend – but not the full story nor which family she’s living with. Marinette, being the all-but-Lila-loving hero she is, preps a bag for the new girl. “Even if life has been bitter, it helps to have something sweet!” Marinette says. Zoe gives her a strange look. “What’s your angle? Everyone has one. Why’re you helping me?” Zoe asks, confused and suspicious. Marinette blinks in surprise and shrugs. “It’s the right thing to do, especially when you’re in a new place. I gave you my number if you’d like to chat.” Zoe blinks twice, clearly surprised by the generosity and seeming genuine nature of the girl in front of her. “Okay, then. I guess I should give you mine so… you know.” Marinette holds out her hand. “So I don’t lose it.” The first step to breaking Zoe’s rough exterior has been taken, but said rough exterior still persists when Zoe arrives at the hotel. Another major change: Audrey, while trying to be more supportive of Chloe, still has her preferred child, and that preferred child is Zoe, because, and this will cause drama later, “Zoe is one of only four people in my life who don’t grovel at my feet.” Chloe walks into the lounge/dining hall and hears this and immediately goes nuclear, but her rant is cut short by Zoe snapping at her to “Shut your mouth, you little brat.” Chloe is, of course, horrifically offended, but Audrey breaks it up before it escalates and sends them to get to know each other better… which, given this Zoe, goes about as well as expected. She snaps at all of Chloe’s rules, throws the diamond heels, and when Chloe calls her a “horrible half-of-a-sister”, Zoe throws it right back at her. This back-and-forth continues to school, where Zoe doesn’t bend to Chloe’s whims, but instead blows up at her again – which inadvertently does two things: it proves that Zoe isn’t like Chloe, but she’s quote-unquote “bad” in other ways. Of course, someone – Andrew Hendrol – sees this whole debacle and comments, “Such a powerful response to Chloe’s bratty self, such a temper. Oh, yesss, I like her.” There’s still “scaring Damocles” and “Marinette/girls talk about Zoe and Chloe”, but it’s less of Chloe’s influence and more “wow she’s scary but I bet Chloe had something to do with it.” Marinette and Zoe’s text still goes through, and Chloe still snaps at her for texting Marinette, but Zoe just snaps at her. “It’s none of your business, Chloe.” Chloe, on the other hand, makes it her business and goes back to her notebook, eventually landing on cockroaches in the locker (reused material, really?) to punish Marinette, and Zoe actually stumbles, a haunted look in her eyes. She staggers out of the room (taking the heels with her) and out to the roof, prepping to throw the shoes away in anger (perhaps a metaphor for something more disturbing) before losing the will to and she just breaks, resting her head against the bar and starts to cry. Andre comes up to her, they talk, and Zoe reveals her original dream of acting. “I’m good at it, but then everyone expected a different Zoe and they pressured me and I broke and now I can’t think of acting or anything without getting angry… I don’t like being angry. Not with the people who don’t deserve it, not with Chloe, not with anyone… I just want to be me, but I’m scared that the angry one is me…” Andre sighs. “You know, it might be good for you to… put a little bit of time between your past and now. Choose what you want to put in the Dream Cellar, and once you’ve… adjusted, you can come get it. Or you can leave it. The choice is yours.” Zoe’s akumatization stays the same, the general akuma battle remains the same, except for Thero Dragon Siphoning off Sole Crusher’s powers and stomping a few civilians for big kaiju battle time while taunting Chloe (“You can run, but I know I’m in your nightmares!”), which provides LB/CN enough time to find the akumatized sneakers and break them. The barge scene is a little different: Zoe explains what happened, and while her backstory with the crowds and roaches hasn’t changed too much, she adds, “I had one friend, but even she wasn’t around very much… not enough to help me when I needed it. I don’t blame her, she had a rough childhood, too, but I still pent that up. I’m sorry you had to see my outbursts. I get it if you don’t want to be my friend.” Of course, huggy happiness still ensues, the Bourgeois confrontation still happens, though Chloe’s basis for her demands is “If she stays here, she’ll make me stress out and ruin my perfect me!” and her threat is to crush you like your NY classmates did, while Audrey just rolls her eyes. “Chloe, quit being melodramatic. I understand Zoe’s not been the best sister – which is a discussion we will have later – but she’s not going back to New York now. I’m certainly not going to be responsible for her return fares.” The episode ends with Andre asking Zoe to “Call me Dad. I know your father is… distant, and I don’t know if I can replace him, but-” Zoe hugs him. “Thanks, Dad. Promise me you’ll make the choice to take your past out of the cellar, too.” The episode ends the same, with a much happier Zoe thanking Marinette for everything as a photo album (with dates so we can at least see it was a week or two between this and Queen Banana!) plays across the screen.
- Queen Banana: First change: Chloe’s “half-of-a-sister” bit when she bursts into the art room is now “Giving the lead role to my half-of-a-sister who just came out of nowhere a week ago?!”, and all of the talk of going back to New York is replaced with snappy but ultimately toothless posturing about ruining her life. Zoe, of course, is having none of that and snaps back at her with “The only way you’re ruining this movie is if you pry it from our hands!” The art room scene ends the same way as in the original, but the scene in Bob Roth’s office is changed a little bit: Not as much mention of going back to New York and more mention of Chloe’s pride as she says “You said our hands, which apparently includes the producer’s hands, too. Oh, I love a good loophole!” Zoe is oddly okay with this and confidently whispers to the others “We just need to outlast her, trust me.” Second change: Andrew Hendrol is part of the filming crew – “Live soundtrack design” he calls it, while Chloe calls it useless – and escapes the ‘enchanted sleep’ part of the filming, and is shown to get increasingly more annoyed with Chloe, to the point of risking his secret identity as Thero Dragon by offering to play the fire-breathing dragon suggested by Alya (“Lemme do it, I’ll knock that role out of the park, just let me actually blast her with fire.”). Third change: After Marinette’s rousing soapbox speech, Zoe pats her on the shoulder. “See what I meant about outlasting her?” Fourth change: Not to be outdone, Everett Hendrol, Andrew’s father (who is also present in the theater unlike Gabriel, showcasing the closer relationship Everett has with his son than Gabriel does with his), has also chipped in some pocket change (an amount of several thousand euros in Europe money I guess), so the film is entirely cut off from the city’s funding and Chloe’s interference, and when Chloe runs off, Everett darkly chuckles once as Andrew calls out “Cry me a river, Queen Banana!” (Everett is aware of Chloe’s antics and the Hendrols as a family have no sympathy for those, especially the rich, who act like fools). Fifth change: Again, Chloe’s revenge plan isn’t to get Zoe sent back to NY, she’s going to crush Zoe in a way only she can come up with… which is banana. Sixth change: There’s less of a “my fault” moment from Zoe and that weird “promise” bit is gone, now it’s just Zoe deciding to face down her sister and give her a reality check. “You want to know why we waited until you were gone to shoot the movie? Why we talked Gabriel Agreste into funding it? It’s because no one could stand your bratty behavior! Not because we hate you, not because anyone turned against you, but because you couldn’t swallow your pride and work as part of the team. If this is how you acted as part of Ladybug’s team when you were Queen Bee, it’s no wonder you were kicked off!” Queen Banana gets infuriated, Ladybug saves Zoe, they scooter off into the subway, where Ladybug commends Zoe’s bravery, but definitely winces a little bit regarding Queen Bee. “Chloe, for all her faults, wasn’t terrible as Queen Bee, but she really had attachment issues to the Miraculous, even after I tried… and failed to explain to her that her secret identity was compromised. But I doubt I’ll have that issue with you. Zoe Lee, (insert Miraculous speech here).” Seventh change: Once Queen Banana’s banana gun is glued up and she realizes she’s about to lose and runs, guess what, Thero Dragon drops in front of her, triggering Chloe’s trauma from the Miracle Queen incident. Thero Dragon Siphons off Queen Banana’s banana powers for the fun of it, then activates the power of the Dark T-rex Miraculous, Silver Tongue, which manifests as a purple blast of energy that, if it hits a human target, allows the T-rex holder to manipulate the minds of their target… which Thero Dragon uses to break down all of Chloe’s confidence and restraints, all the while tormenting her with things like “Your mother hates you,” “Your so-called friends despise you,” and “You’re utterly ridiculous.” Ladybug and Cat Noir start driving him back, but he managed to do enough damage as he needed. “I don’t know why you bother defending a traitor,” he says. “She wouldn’t do the same for you.” Queen Banana by now has fallen back, crying, and freeing her from Shadow Moth is an act of mercy, but Chloe still refuses the Magical Charm based on her own (self-nurtured) hatred for Ladybug and Vesperia, both for replacing her and failing to save her from Thero Dragon. Eighth change: Chloe, in her anger, swings at Zoe when she declares her hate, only for Zoe to catch it way too fast and lower Chloe’s fist while she gives her speech, and once Chloe takes the Charm and the akuma is repelled, Andre steps in and reprimands her for trying to hit Zoe, even going so far as to… “Chloe Bourgeois, your behavior is becoming completely unacceptable. You are embarrassing yourself and your family. Give me your phone. You are hereby grounded for a week.” Chloe looks shocked. “WHAT?!?” Andre is stern. “I’ve failed as a father. I should’ve tried to keep your behavior in check when you acted out, and I see I’ve failed terribly. There are so many people we will have to apologize to, especially your classmates for everything you’ve done to them.” The episode ends with Marinette and Tikki wondering if this new approach to Chloe’s behavior will do anything good.
- Gabriel Agreste: First change: Shadow Moth’s monologue is merged with Gabriel’s scene in the mausoleum under the mansion, first with Gabriel with his back to Emilie’s coffin before he turns to face it. Second change: When Nathalie offers Gabriel half of her sandwich, he initially refuses (“You need your strength.”) and she insists, then he crumbles (“You’ll need your strength, too.” “…Alright. Thank you.”). Third change: Andrew Hendrol is not present at the art-room fairy-tale-comparison blah thing, but Zoe’s response to Marinette’s question changes to “My mother has been attempting to treat her kids equally. Unfortunately, that means when Chloe got grounded for a week, I had to miss out on the dinner party. Had I known this was gonna happen, I would’ve put up more of a fight.” Also because of this, Zoe is NOT in Marinette’s room, but she is patched into the whole conversation thanks to Max and Markov. Fourth change: Audrey Bourgeois is throwing glares at Andre (apparently over punishing Chloe) and takes note of the solitary gold-trimmed black mask shaped like a lion’s head. “Don’t tell me he’s coming. You invited Hendrol?” “I had to. Otherwise he’d invite himself and ruin everything unexpectedly. At least now we can expect it.” Continuing the trend, after the Tsurugis arrive at the party, a shiny silver sedan rolls into the front gate, and Everett and Andrew Hendrol step out. Everett is in a pure white suit, in complete contrast to the rest of the party, and the hostility in the air is palpable as the car mogul and his son enter the foyer. “Gabriel.” “Everett. I would… like to welcome you to the party. Though the dress code specified darker clothes for all attendees.” “Really? I didn’t notice that, but even if I had, my black suits are all being cleaned. This is all I had.” “Indeed. Your mask, as requested.” Everett weighs the black lion mask in his hand. “Well, it’s not quite the cut obsidian I had hoped, but given your work, I shouldn’t be surprised.” Gabriel is imperceptibly seething. “I must ask you to stow your device-” “Neither of us will do that, and your little scrambler isn’t going to work on it, either. Your tricks, Gabriel, have been done by men greater than you a thousand times. And I’m the only one still standing.” Of course, when Chloe and Marinette sneak into the ballroom, everyone is giving Everett Hendrol a wide berth as he’s drinking something. Sixth change: The transformation into Shadow Moth from civilian form is still “Nooroo, Duusu, Unify!” I always hated that Dual Metamorphosis nonsense. Seventh change: Andrew Hendrol is fiddling on his phone – the only one that works, but Chloe can’t take it bc he already slapped her hand – when people start to leave Adrien’s room. Eighth change: Gabriel’s threat to Felix is more explicitly “I just need to snap my fingers, and you will be thrown out of here and I will tell everyone the truth about what you did and what you are. Think of your mother, Felix. She’d be devastated to see her only son hauled off for stealing from me… or the Hendrols. Everett is easy enough to provoke, and all I’d have to do is blame whatever I do on you. He’d personally see your life become pure torment.” Ninth change: Thero Dragon pounces on the Collector and Siphons from him, chuckling darkly as he does. “Clever plan, Shadow Moth, clever plan, indeed. But you aren’t fooling anyone.” Tenth change: We get a second epilogue: after Gabriel’s scene, we cut to a scene in the Hendrol mansion. Everett Hendrol is sitting at his desk, watching a chess board on the surface. The white pieces are miniature statues of him and other people, including Andrew, the black pieces are mini statues of Paris’s elite and relations: Gabriel as the king, Emilie queen, Tomoe and Amelie as bishops, Audrey and Andre as knights, Bob Roth and one unknown person as castles, and the pawns are their kids (Adrien/Chloe/Kagami/Felix/XY and three blank ones). The pieces are all at rest like the beginning of a game, but the queen (Emilie) and one castle (as yet unknown) are lying down. Everett just smirks, moves one of the white pieces a space forward, then a black piece. Everett Hendrol declared war.
- Mega Leech: First change: Polymouse or Manimouse for Mylene’s super-name? I want public opinion on this. Second change: Andrew Hendrol is present at the “Stop Project Oxygen” rally and reveals a bit more depth to his character (and potentially a motivation for Thero Dragon): he is very conscientious about the environment, and he becomes increasingly annoyed with the ad and brutally picks it apart. “Two of my best friends’ parents work for the Hendrol Motors Advertising Division and this is exactly what they said a bad ad looks like. Also, Paris’s investors are brainless idiots who barely know how to stand up for themselves, let alone save the planet.” And he snaps at Chloe. “Wasting water? You mean like you do by existing? And don’t get your dad in this, my dad would destroy him.” All in all, he sides with Mylene first. “I’m getting my dad to counter-fund this scheme, he’s already gone to war.” Andrew then leaves right before the Minidiktators show up to transform into Thero Dragon. “After all, they can’t get me if my ears are covered.” Thero Dragon is just brutally attacking Mega Leech by himself… revealing a scary level of contempt for sentimonsters. Third change: The Minidiktator possessing Cat Noir is expelled through his real ear, not the cat one. Fourth change: Ladybug’s suit doesn’t weirdly swap between Lucky Charm suit and normal near the end, it just stays normal. The rest of the episode… ends as normal. Even that scene at the end.
- Guiltrip: I don’t really have too many problems with this episode, nor do I really remember any complaints about (though I’m sure I’ll be corrected in the comments), the most I can really think of is adjusting it to fit my current ideas. So… First change: Juleka speaks clearly and no one’s parroting her words. Second change: While the first half of the episode plays out the same, Andrew Hendrol is noticeably absent, but once the second half starts, he shows up and he’s very unhappy/unpleasant to be around. It’s explained that he had to take a day off for stomach flu (and, little lore bit, he’s always very temperamental after a bout of sickness). As such, he doesn’t have much in the way of patience for the second half’s antics, but unlike Chloe, he’s quietly stewing and not drawing too much attention to himself. This extends to the later fight within Guiltrip (after he leaves the science lab when he realizes the only ones left are him, Chloe, Sabrina and Lila), as his negative emotions as Thero Dragon end up being so bad that Guiltrip gets hurt by them… and he flies off the handle once a bubble pops against him. He cools off eventually, but yeah. Third change: No animation errors. God, this episode was a doozy.
- Crocoduel: First change: Luka acknowledges that Marinette hasn’t been around since Zoe first joined the group instead of not seeing her since their breakup. Gotta love the writers forgetting characters being in places at times ugh. Second change: Fix the animation errors. Third change: About half the partygoers (Mylene/Ivan/Rose/Nino/Alya) know that Jagged Stone is the twins’ father. Fourth change: The sky doesn’t immediately become overcast the moment Jagged and Anarka are akumatized. That was just weird. Fifth change: When Cat Noir complains that he and Ladybug don’t have wings, Thero Dragon flies over them and taunts “But I do!”, he flies up, Siphons from Guitar Villain and Captain Hardrock, then pits them further against each other for giggles. Then he reappears to Siphon off Purple Tigress’s power. Sixth change: The Tiger Miraculous transformation phrase is “Paint my Stripes!” not “Stripes On!”. The episode ends otherwise normally.
- Optigami: First change: As an extra precaution to keep potential suspicion from Ladybug away, Gabriel makes sure Audrey invites Adrien’s entire class plus two extra invitations that go to Luka and Kagami. Second change: The first elevator bit with the entire class is stupid, so it’s getting changed to “Andrew Hendrol (who is in the elevator) rolls his eyes and punches the close button while Marinette tries to avoid Alya”. Third change: Andrew Hendrol slips out just before Audrey gets akumatized and discreetly transforms into Thero Dragon, and he immediately picks up on the smell of Shadow Moth in the building. He starts prowling around the building, waiting for the right moment to strike. This moment comes when Style Queen is about to hit the elevator Marinette/Adrien are trapped in, just before Shadow Moth calls her off. He blindsides her with his clamp weapon, then disarms her (literally) with his sword before Voyaging to the floor below, cackling the whole time. Fifth change: When Ladybug realizes that “Nino” is actually a sentimonster and calls out Shadow Moth, “Nino” starts laughing as his eyes glow gold and his body starts to deform into a monstrous shape. Thero Dragon’s voice starts echoing out of it. “And to think you almost got revealed because of an ally’s actions, Ladybug,” he said. “First the Turtle brought out without your explicit orders, then what? Someone betrays you for the Miracle Box? The only way to protect what you hold dear is this: ally yourself with me, and I can grant you access to powers you could only dream of. Consider my offer, because if the trend continues, you might lose more than just your privacy because of a fake butterfly.” Ladybug runs off to get the Turtle Miraculous Cataclysmed. Sixth change: Marinette is a little shaken by the end of the episode and some of her words are a little more barbed than intended, to which she apologizes and offers a solution to the problem faced that day, giving Alya the Fox Miraculous full-time, but gives her a few rules to follow. “If I find out you broke one, I’m taking the Miraculous back. Understand?” The episode ends pretty much the same. Oh, and that phone in the Miracle Box container? It’s (a little clunkily) mentioned that Marinette created the one during a “random creation attempt” session with Alya.
So, yeah. Now that I've finished working on my main Dragonus storyline and summer's on the way, I might be able to get the second half (plus the halves of Season 5!) out relatively quickly. As I promised, here is the link to the main Dragonus storyline, I'm almost finished posting it all. It's a divergence from Season 3 with some concepts pulled from the NY special and Season 4/5, but all in all it's a pretty good read (I don't exactly redeem
Chloe as much as punch her until she understands that she's been horrible
but she definitely becomes better): https://archiveofourown.org/series/2798386
Give me feedback, please! Your feedback helps me make this better!
submitted by Master_Antelope
to miraculousladybug [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 03:29 Background_World_644 Marco v Rayleigh(Prime)
who do you think wins in a 1v1? Marco
: the former first division captain of the Whitebeard pirates, I always think that Marco had be one of those one in a billion type of men, for Whitebeard to name him his right hand, he seems to have it all, charismatic, indelibly intelligent, calm headed, fierce in battle, to me he's like Katakuri in the sense that if their captain were to fall, Marco would be a great leader, and rightly so he lead the Whitebeard pirates, but sadly disbanded the pirate group after their clash with Blackbeard, Marco is one of those character that relies on the df a lot, but with such an incredible df, it's understood, he ate a mythical zoan df, which allows him to transform to a phoenix, now that itself isn't that crazy, but in his beast form Marco is completely made of fire, blue flame, in real life blue flame is the hottest and most intense fire, this give Marco some sort of fire manipulation and "special properties" his blue flame has some of the best healing abilities in the OnePiece world, he can repel regular flames, this allowed him damage Prometheus that is made purely of fire, again I speculate that's because his phoenix being made of blue flame which is hotter (so by that rule, Marco fire > King and Mera Mera No Mi fire), Marco tanked an Akainu magma punch to save Luffy in marineford, his body in beast form works as a logia as bullets shot at him just go right through his flames without hurting him, now in his beast form, his regeneration is so great that he's in an immortality form, now aside from him becoming goated through his df we know that zoan df users are at their strongest when in hybrid form, in marineford in is hybrid form, he sent Kuzan flying and made him bleed (I think that's one of the only times we seen an admiral bleed from a single attack), sent Kizaru flying right into the ground with a kick and tanked a magma punch from Akainu (the df with the most offensive AP) so ye he is slept on when talking about how strong he is, now I don't say he solos King and Queen but he held them like kids, so he's strong enough to stall two top tier commanders effortlessly in Wano, he has a pretty advanced observation but a basic armament haki, when looking at more primate characteristics, in terms of speed he effortlessly dodged King, simultaneously dodged Brook and Zoro attack, I'd say he's comfortably one of the fastest characters in the verse, and no strawhat comes near it, right so we have, right so we have a top tier specimen, one of the smartest characters we have seen, with great knowledge thought experience, with a df that makes him one of the fastest most durable, strongest characters in the verse I also want to point out his eagerness to jump to fight through his little screen time he always jumping right into any fight, an op df in a great man, creating one of the most complete fighters in the whole OnePiece world with crazy hax. Rayleigh(Prime)
: the former first mate of the Roger pirates, the right hand of the king of the pirates, Rayleigh is a lot simpler to analyse, he was a swordsman with great haki, but naturally being the right hand man of the goat, he was the very best as a master swordsman with unmatched haki, he probably could have held the title as the strongest swordsman in his time as it'd be Zoro portrayal and he's noted to be unmatched in duels, not just containing overwhelming strength, but being able to control the air with his swordsmanship techniques (it may just be air slashes through a technique but we are yet to see Zoro or Mihawk to do anything of that caliber), in terms of haki he had intermediate conquerors and observation (probably advanced observation), but the important part is his way beyond advanced armament haki, truly a haki master, I'd say top five maybe ten in terms of armament haki in all of the OnePice all time, this armament haki is enough to stop any attack if prepared, an old Rayleigh managed to go blow for blow with Kizaru, I think Rayleigh looked out of shape and tired in their brief clash, but he was certainly stronger imo, being able to intercept Kizarus kick and making him bleed, viewed by Blackbeard as a thread, now I think Blackbeard is top tier and mostly likely unbeatable against df users, but against a haki user like Rayleigh even if an old Rayleigh is a fight Blackbeard wouldn't want to take, prime Rayleigh could destroy Blackbeard purely because of haki, so we have a top tier swordsman with the best haki showed in the series, super fast, intelligent, strong, just overwhelming power.
Now I think if Marco would have developed haki during his time as a pirate close to the level of Rayleighs armaments, Marco could be a Mihawk type character, overpowered individual roaming the seas, that can only be challenged by yonkos or grand fleet admiral. View Poll
submitted by Background_World_644
to OnePiecePowerScaling [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 03:22 Muted_Brief_6808 My Flash Seasons Rewrite Concept
, this is my concept for alternate takes on the Flash show and its Seasons. This may be a long read so I appreciate anyone who takes time to read this, perhaps save it and read it later if you don't. To get a few things out the way, I am not ranting about the show, nor am I arguing that this should be how the show should’ve gone, I’m also not a writer, just a fan sharing ideas. I’m keeping the main outline of the Seasons, I’m not creating my own Season storyline mostly, just changing things up while keeping a good chunk the same. To start off, Seasons 1 and 2 will remain pretty much the same. Season 3:
- Have Flashpoint last more episodes, maybe making it a 3-Part event.
- The 1st part would start off with our Barry returning to the future and locking up Eobard. Most of Part-1 is him living his new life and seeing all the changes. He’d see the new lives of his friends like Cisco, Caitlin, and Iris. Iris is married to Eddie and has a child. Barry will also get his first memory headache. The first Part would end with Barry finding Wally as “The Flash” being beaten by the Rival.
- Part-2 would be Barry learning about Wally being The Flash and trying to explain how he’s the Flash. Only Joe, Iris, and Eddie know about Wally's identity. Barry would also go to Starling City to see Oliver for some guidance, but he finds that Oliver died on the ship and that his dad became the Arrow. Barry experiences more memory headaches in this Part and he sees Eobard again to learn the new Timeline is setting in. Part-2 ends with The Rival killing Joe.
- Part-3 starts with Wally being angry and blaming Joe's death on Barry. Barry gets Caitlin and Cisco to help defeat The Rival. Barry does his best to calm Wally down until him and Wally face off against The Rival with Wally getting nearly killed, which urges Barry to fix things. Barry visits Eobard once again, and Eobard tells him to stop himself from saving his mom. Barry runs back in time again and stops Season 2 Barry from saving his mom. Barry arrives back in the “normal” time and tells his team about what happened, Caitlin still gets ice powers this time.
- Remove the Duet episode.
- The Gorilla storyline is different.
- Part-1 has Grodd asking Barry for help because he believes Solavar will lead Gorilla city to ruin and knows Barry has potential to beat him. Grodd goes through his regular Season 6 redemption in these Episodes. Solavar learns of Grodd's plan and forces him and Barry to fight in the ring, threatening a Team Flash member's life if Barry doesn't comply. Barry fights Grodd but doesn't kill him. Barry and the team escape back to their Earth.
- Part-2 has Solavar control Gypsy to take his Gorilla army to Barry's Earth and attack in revenge. Solavar begins his attack with Barry defending Central City. Vibe gets Grodd to help fight. Grodd and Barry take on Solavar win and are on good terms. Grodd and the gorillas return to their Earth.
- Make Julian less of a jerk after a while.
- Reveal Savitar a bit earlier.
- Savitar's death is about the same, except him and Barry are wrestling when Iris shoots him, his anger blinded him from noticing the bullet. Savitar gets last words in, maybe something heartfelt.
Seasons 4 and 5 are a bit different. Just like how Seasons 1, 2, and 3 challenged Barry’s Speed, Seasons 4 and 5 challenge his intellect as a person and as a CSI. Season 4:
- An episode for each bus meta. Team Flash doesn't realize there's a connection to the bus until they meet Ralph. Some metas are safely taken to STAR labs, others are killed by The Thinker.
- The Thinker only absorbs the bus meta's life force to extend his decaying body. It only works for a while.
- Barry is set up and goes to prison again. No bus metas are at the prison, so Barry never "leaves" with them. Barry is released the same way.
- Wally leaves Central City after Barry is released.
- The Thinker breaches STAR labs and kills the rest of the metas, taking Ralph's body last.
- It seems the Thinker has succeeded and finished his plan, but after some time he believes the world needs to reach his level of intellect. He begins his quest for The Enlightenment.
- Cecille doesn't get meta powers. Grodd helps Barry enter the Thinkers mind in the end instead of Cecile.
- Cicada is a serial killer. The more metas he kills, the stronger he gets. He uses the energy gathered from kills with the dagger to keep Gracie alive.
- Team Flash doesn't face Cicada until a few episodes in.
- Barry and Sherloque investigate Cicada's murders.
- Cicada gets captured, gets put in the pipeline, but is so powerful that he breaks out.
- Cicada starts killing metas for himself rather than for Gracie.
- Future Gracie doesn't become Cicada.
- Matt Letscher is Reverse Flash from now on. Reverse Flash portion of the finale plays out about the same, Nora still gets erased.
- Cisco never took the meta human cure.
- The Crisis date on the newspaper doesn't change because the newspaper isn't referring to Infinite Earths.
- Joe and Cecile get engaged.
Season 7: Speed Force Storm and Godspeed is the First arc of the Season.
- Episode opens with Joe and Cecile's wedding until Barry has to take down a meta.
- Bloodwork arc is slightly extended. Temptation episodes are after Crisis on Infinite Earths, Ramsey remembers his life before Crisis. He tempts Barry with not just being able to save Nora, but Oliver too. Speed Force is shown to be weaker.
- Jay Garrick and his wife are not on Earth-1.
- Iris escapes the mirror dimension earlier.
- Allegra isn't introduced until the Mirror Monarch arc. She uses her powers to help Team Flash defeat Mirror Monarch, then she leaves the show.
- Barry uses the last of his decaying speed to defeat Mirror Monarch and lock her up.
- Caitlyn and Frost split into two still. Caitlyn leaves but Frost stays.
- Ralph leaves with Sue.
- Team Flash creates the artificial Speed Force. When Nash becomes the organic battery, Wells is now the “spokesperson” of the Speed Force, the Artificial Speed force is created, the Speed Force now exists again and doesn’t need the machine, perhaps love powers it like anger powers the negative Speed Force. Or the Artificial Speed Force machine just rebirths the regular Speed Force without all the extra stuff. No more Speed Force Nora.
- Season ends with a foreshadow to the Speed Force Storm.
The Forces storyline is the Second Arc of the Season.
- Speed Force Storm is created because of the Artificial Speed Force, giving Speed to civilians of Central City.
- Team Flash uses STAR Labs as a training ground for the new Speedsters. Fast Track and August Hart are among the trainees.
- Wally returns to help teach Speedsters.
- Godspeed arrives, terrorizing the city, and killing new Speedsters and draining them of their speed.
- Barry gets closer to Fast Track and August, teaching them how to use their speed.
- It's revealed August Hart is Godspeed. Godspeed merges with his other self, the August that acted friendly, and kills Fast Track and absorbs her speed. Godspeed radiates with electricity, giving him the glowing yellow eyes.
- Barry defeats Godspeed and locks him up in a meta human prison.
- Wally leaves again.
Season 8: Season 8 is the beginning of the end. Season opens with a Flashback of the Season 1 Singularity. Death Storm is the First Arc of the Season.
- In an attempt to Stabilize the Speed Force, the Sage Force, Still Force, and Strength Force are born.
- Grodd returns, being enhanced by the Sage Force making him more powerful.
- An episode to familiarize each Force and its main user.
- Cisco leaves.
- Season finale has a good user for each Force against a bad user for each Force. Godspeed is broken out of prison to face off against The Flash.
The Second Arc sets up the Final Season.
- Caitlin returns.
- Death Storm is after Caitlin.
- Death Storm kills Frost. Caitlin grieves but comes to terms with her death. Kione is never created. Chill Blaine leaves the show after Frost's funeral.
- Death Storm's defeat brings Ronnie back.
- Barry becomes Director of CSI.
Season 9: Here we go. The Flash Season 9 is the final season of the long running show, and for the Arrowverse, it should be treated as such.
- Barry, Caitlin, and Chester are all transported to a new universe. Team Flash learns the Multiverse exists. One episode has Jay Garrick return, one has Jesse Quick, another has Abra Kadabra. Chester unlocks his abilities and creates a small black hole to return to Earth-Prime.
- Barry is sent 170 years into the future. We get to see Eobard Thawne's backstory. Barry saves the crowd. Barry creates Gideon to help him get back home, he succeeded, but Eobard finds traces of Gideon.
- Chester learns the energy used to transport them had similar readings as the Singularity.
- Season ends with the flashback of the Singularity again, but it follows Eddie inside, and he wakes up.
- To begin, Red Death is changed. Just like Batman is the face of DC and became Red Death, so does the face of the Arrowverse. Oliver Queen from another Earth is Red Death, with a similar backstory as the one from the comics. He’ll have a red arrowhead on his chest rather than the bat, he’ll have a sleeker suit like the old flash suits, and he’ll be very threatening. Red Death will be like Zoom, but worse, he’ll kill many civilians.
- Specter returns as Green Arrow to help Barry defeat Red Death. Red Death Arc ends with Barry and Oliver at the bar.
- No Rogue War.
- 4-Part Cobalt Blue Arc
That's it. I hope whoever read this enjoyed, lets me know what you liked the most or what changes you would've made.
- Part-1 is similar to the Part-1 we already got. Eddie is thrown out of a breach onto another Earth with no memory. There's no Allegra portion, perhaps it's instead Caitlin and Ronnie finally enjoying a bit of their life together. Episode ends with Eddie entering that Earth's version of Barry's apartment since it's abandoned, and the Negative Speed Force strikes him.
- Part-2 begins with Iris informing Team Flash about Barry's disappearance. Chester begins to investigate the energy left behind from Barry disappearance so he calls in some help from Argus, Cisco! Eddie begins to remember his life and everything that he's lost, and a voice encourages him to take it back. Eddie opens a breach, and becomes Cobalt Blue. A montage plays that shows Cobalt Blue was behind Death Storm so Barry could lose a close friend, the events of Season 8 to make him meet his arch-nemesis, even Red Death to make him fight a close friend, and now sending him to the worst night of his life. Back at STAR Labs, Cisco and Chester are able to bring back Barry, but before he gets comfortable, Gideon warns that Cobalt traces have been detected in 2049.
- Part-3 begins with Barry arriving in 2049. He runs to STAR Labs and sees XS again and meets Impulse for the first time, both safe and sound for now. XS and Impulse are twins now. The Team Flash of 2049 consists of XS, Impulse, Cisco's kid, and the child of Ronnie and Caitlin. When a meta attacks Central City, they all go to take care of it, until XS finds the crystal. XS knocks Impulse out, and her and Barry race around Central City having a duel. Back in the present, Cobalt Blue arrives to talk to Iris, first as Eddie wanting to talk with her. They catch up, and Eddie slowly starts to allude to her having a life with him. In 2049, Barry tries to get Nora to reject the crystal which succeeds for a little, until Barry throws lightning and knocks the Crystal off of her. Barry heads back to present. Iris rejects Cobalt Blue, so he attacks STAR labs and Barry when he arrives. Eddie threatens Barry and disappears. Iris' water breaks and she goes to the hospital.
- Part-4 is a 2-Hour finale. Cobalt Blue summons Reverse-Flash, Zoom, Savitar, and Godspeed. Zoom arrives first, then Godspeed, which causes Zoom to want his speed until Eobard breaks up the fight. Eobard mentions that he was plotting to take out Barry Allen, when they all agree he's the common enemy. Savitar shows up without his, which leads to Zoom and Godspeed thinking it's the real Barry Allen. Savitar threatens them all, Godspeed attacks Savitar but gets thrown to the side, Savitar runs up to Zoom about to kill him until Cobalt Blue enters the room. Savitar mentions how neither of them get to have Iris. Cobalt Blue orders them to take out the Flash, because the Negative Speed Force is manipulating Eddie. The villain speedsters aren't enhanced by the Negative Speed Force, Zoom sparkles and has blue lightning, Savitar and Godspeed have white, and Cobalt Blue has a light blue. The speedsters arrive in Central City causing chaos, the Flash arrives and tries to fight them off. Zoom meets the cops and they tell him to put his hands in the air, he complies but when the cops come up to him he says "you can't lock up the darkness," and kills all the cops, pins Singh to the wall, but before he kills him, the Flash stops him, but the villain speedsters all gang up on Barry giving him a hard time, except Eobard is nowhere to be found. Eddie stops the speedsters to give Barry one last chance to surrender. Things look one sided until Jay Garrick, XS, Impulse, and Wally show up to help Barry. Jay takes on Zoom, Wally takes on Savitar, XS and Impulse take on Godspeed, and Barry goes after Eddie. Reverse Flash meets Chester at STAR Labs, he is about to use his vibrating hand to kill him until Cisco breaches him somewhere far away. Jay defeats Zoom, maybe using the helmet since it was Hunter's dad's, or by giving him some Karma and stealing his speed and knocking him out. Wally uses his strong connection to the Speed Force to take down Savitar. XS and Impulse can do sibling combo moves on Godspeed. Barry tries to talk down Eddie, he convinced him that Eddie saved Team Flash the day of his sacrifice and he has a second chance at being a hero. Barry connects with the Speed Force to drown out the Negative Speed Force from Eddie. The Negative Speed Force uses Eddie's old energy to power up Eobard. Barry and Eddie team up to fight Eobard, Eddie gets knocked out. Reverse Flash attempts to fight Barry, but Barry is supercharged and he's too fast for him(similar moment to the Season 7 finale we got.) Barry electrocutes Eobard and erases the Negative Speed Force from his system. Eddie is okay and destroys the Cobalt Crystal, erasing the villains except for Eobard. Barry takes Eobard to a secure prison and goes to the hospital. The main characters are in the waiting room, Cisco, Caitlin, Ronnie, Chester, Joe, Cecile, Wally and Eddie also arrives and hugs Joe. They reminisce about times in the older Seasons. Nora is born. They have the baby shower, the same people show up, but throw in Kara, Ralph and Diggle too. Barry reads Nora The Little Dinosaur (or whatever book his mom read to him.) The final scene is Barry running through Central City saying his old intro, "My name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest man alive... etc"
submitted by Muted_Brief_6808
to FlashTV [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 03:12 Such-Departure-6168 Discontinued blizzards
The banana cream pie blizzard was discontinued quite a bit ago and honestly I still crave it every single hot day. I’ve heard from a couple people that certain Dairy Queens carry all the ingredients for one but it’s just not on the menu, if I were to go in and they have the ingredients, would they make one for me?
I’d be willing to spend $$$ at this point plus like a $20 tip just to satisfy the craving 😂
submitted by Such-Departure-6168
to DairyQueen [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 03:08 chaunceychaunce I’m about to finish my master’s and get back to reading again. What must-read books should I start with?
Before school, i usually read about 90 books a year. These past 10 months I’ve been working on a graduate degree and have only read 7 books or so. I’m almost done, and I can’t wait to get back to reading. Would love suggestions! I will pretty much read anything. Shoot me your must-reads!
Edit: some books I’ve enjoyed most in the past!
Enlightenment now - Steven pinker
End of your life book club - will Schwalbe
Mythos/heroes - Stephen fry
The body and brief history of nearly everything - bill Bryson
Heart of the Buddha - thich nhat hanh
The righteous mind - Jonathan haidt
Educated - Tara west over
Project Hail Mary - Andy weir
Tuesdays with morrie - Mitch albom
Fantastic fungi - Paul stamets
Star Wars: Ashoka - e. K. Johnston
Bite of the mango - mariatu kamara
Robin - Dave itzkoff
Anxious people - Fredrick backman
Amusing ourselves to death - Neil postman
submitted by chaunceychaunce
to suggestmeabook [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 03:04 moistbrisket17 Things to do May 30th-June 4th
Join the Fort Worth discord to connect w/other folks in FW, chat & check out different meet ups: https://discord.com/invite/9KUdWdQVdJ
Thought this post would be the first w/o the PSA, but need to include it again: If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
[Tuesday May 30th]
Pickleball Clinic 8:30-10:30 a.m. Chisholm Trail Community Center Free Learn the rules and the basics of playing pickleball.
Free Yoga Burnett Park 5:30-6:15PM bring your own mat
Silent Book Club 6:30-8PM Hotel Dryce free Silent Book Club
Geeks Who Drink T&P Tavern 7:30PM
Geeks Who Drink Trivia Night University Pub FW 8-10PM
Dallas Sports & Entertainment Career Fair 3-5 p.m. College Park Center $30-$44 Learn about open positions and internships with the Wings, Mavericks, Rangers + other sports teams around the metroplex.
Trig44 presents Trig Tuesday ft. Dalton Torres, Taylor Ochs, Matt Gumley Tulips FW doors 7, show 8PM
[Wednesday May 31st]
Nature Hike 10-11:30 a.m. Nature Center, 9601 Fossil Ridge Rd. $5 Take in the beauty of the Texas countryside during this morning hike surrounded by blooming flowers.
Lunchtime Music Series Burnett Park 12-1PM Grab your lunch & enjoy the beautiful weather paired w/local artists
We Run Wednesday’s The trailhead at clearfork 6:30-8PM
Fort Worth Film Club May Signature Screening: Lucas before Luke The Stage West Theatre 7-10:30PM
No Pressure w/ Koyo, Illusion, & Fleshwater Tulips No Pressure, Koyo, Illusion, Fleshwater Tulips FW 7PM
Tekken 7 weekly meet 6-11PM, 21+ after 8PM Electric Starship Arcade $10 for the night/ $20 monthly pass Can bring your own wired controllefight stick or they’ll have some for public use If enough people, casual tournament bracket @ 9
BettySoo and Pat Byrne The Post at River East 8PM An intimate acoustic performance $20+
[Thursday Jun 1st]
Happy HouCrazy Crowler Sale 4-9PM Salsa Dance Lessons 7-8PM Neutral Ground Brewing Company
Erick Willis LIVE Rusty Nickel IceHouse 6PM $10+
Summer Menu Tasting Taste Community Restaurant 6-8PM
Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra’s Concerts in the Garden Festival Gates open 6:30 p.m. start 8:30 p.m. Grab your picnic baskets & enjoy Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Greater Tuna Downtown Cowtown at the Isis June 1-3 8PM 2-man comedy show
Geeks Who Drink Trivia Night HopFusion Ale Works 8-10PM
Crimson Wine Tasting at Neighbor’s House Grocery complimentary wine tasting for sipping & shopping. Guests get to try 4 different wines from Napa’s Crimson Wine Group Drop by anytime 4:30-6:30 pm
[Friday Jun 2nd]
First Fri-YAY All day Fort Worth Bike Sharing Stations Free Explore the city on wheels with a free bike rental courtesy of Fort Worth Bike Sharing and the Blue Zones Project — promo code “92020APP.”
Kimbell Happy Hour Kimbell Art Museum’s weekend happy hour 5-7 pm beverages & bites w/live music by the Allegro Guitar Society.
National Donut Day TX Whiskey 6 p.m. a donut + cocktail pairing, burgers, live music, on-site engraving, & a donut hole bar $35
FWSO’s Concerts in the Gardenl Gates open 6:30 p.m. start 8:30 p.m. Grab your picnic baskets & enjoy symphony sounds Radio Highway Performs the Music of the Eagles *The orchestra does not perform on this concert.
Locals Only Hip Hop Haltom Theater 7-11PM
Live Music on the Plaza, Sundance Square 7-10PM every Fri-Sun
Dial Up - A 90's Party Experience Dial Up Tulips FW 8PM $15
Rhett Miller Tannahill's Tavern & Music Hall 8PM $44+
D.L. Hughley Arlington Improv Jun 2-4 times vary
That Texas Meskin Tour - THAT MEXICAN OT Ridglea Theater $40+
Special E.D w\ Dude-Man & MORE Doors 7:00pm, Start 8:00pm Lola's Fort Worth
[Saturday Jun 3rd]
Drag with Me! The Show: Brunch Located upstairs at The Red Goose Saloon the ONLY interactive Drag Show of its kind: 2 audience members will be selected each show to be transformed into a Drag Queen themselves, lip sync battle, & win their very own Drag with Me! Crown! Ticket price inc Meal & Show! 18+
FWSO’s Concerts in the Gardenl Gates open 6:30 p.m. start 8:30 p.m. Chicago Nights featuring Jason Scheff
Zumba Sundance Square Plaza 9:45am - 11:00am
Goat Yoga Bedford! Generations Park at Boyd Ranch 10-11AM $20+
Catalina Canned Wine Mixer Truck Yard Alliance 12PM themed after the 2008 hit movie Step Brothers. Wear your best tuxedo t-shirt for a wine tasting, photo ops, food trucks, and a Step Brothers cover band. Admission is free, but a $15 wine tasting is offered from 7-9 pm, featuring six wine samples and a souvenir glass filled with frose. Costume contests will be held at 5 pm & 10 pm.
Random Direction artist pop up 1-6PM Love Sammy's chef popup 2-7PM Neutral Ground Brewing Company
CyberPunk w/ APT 75 + P!xel Ampersand 5:15-9PM
Miracle Nights Allmo$t Music US Tour Fort Worth Ridglea Theater 6PM
Ill Nino with Through Fire, Dropout Kings and more The Rail Club Live 6:30PM
WOODEYE (One Night Only) w/ Brave Little Howl + Vacation Dad Lola's 8PM $15
FANCY: Queens of Country Party - 21+ Tulips FW 10PM $15+
WOODEYE (One Night Only) w / Brave Little Howl + Vacation Dad Doors 7:00pm, Start 8:00pm Lola's Fort Worth
[Sunday June 4th]
Panther Island Beer Yoga Panther Island Brewing 10:30AM $20
Sunday Supper Club: Courtney Patton and Bri Bagwell The Post at River East 6PM $25+
The Damn Quails Fort Brewery & Pizza 7PM $10
FW Symphony Orchestra’s Concerts in the Gardenl Gates open 6:30 p.m. start 8:30 p.m. Grab your picnic baskets & enjoy symphony sounds Classical Mystery Tour: A Tribute to the Beatles**The orchestra does not perform on this concert
Summer Afternoon Tea at Indulge Enjoy three courses inc chicken tarragon sandwiches, roasted vegetable phyllo cups, and street corn crostinis, scones with clotted cream and jam, cream puffs, madeleines, and shortbread cookies. Tea choices inc black or herbal blend. The tea service is $65 & begins at 2 pm.
Riders of the Purple Sage Hip Pocket Theatre until June 11 Fridays-Sundays 9PM $10+ Featuring action, adventure, & romance in the wide open spaces, it’s a classic Western of the silent film era
“Lives of the Gods” until Sept. 3 Kimbell Art Museum $14+ Explore the divinity of Mayan art at this exhibition of nearly 100 rarely seen masterpieces & discoveries
submitted by moistbrisket17
to FortWorth [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 02:41 Mooses_little_sister [PI] Root and Menace
Link to the original prompt here
, and link to the image
from that prompt. (Art by Ismail Inseoglu
I adjusted the strip of cloth over my face, making sure it covered my nose. The air in our section had grown progressively worse over the course of my lifetime, and though not actually toxic, you didn't want to breathe it in for long. Tiny footsteps padded behind me, making only a slight sound, but in this area, you didn't discount any noise.
I spun, swinging my walking stick around, knowing it wouldn't be enough if there was a real threat. If only I hadn't lost my lanchette and gun— I stopped my stick at the last minute, pulling it up, nearly hitting myself in the process. Damn.
It was that dang dog again, the one who had taken to following me everywhere. Or at least everywhere it could. Even its apparent loyalty couldn't trump its self-preservation instincts when I went into certain parts of the ruined city. The people that still lived there, well, they weren't averse to eating whatever they could find.
I didn't eat dog, but not because of some moral shit. Just that it didn't agree with me, made me sick, and in this environment, if you got sick you probably ain't getting better. No, the mangy mutt was safe with me, or at least safer than with the others. Why it wasn't part of the wild packs that roamed the city, I don't know, maybe they also didn't want it tagging along.
"Shoo." I swung my stick again, gentler this time, poking it in the side to get it to leave. "I've got nothing for you." The dog simply moved a few steps to the side, cocking its head with a short whine. I didn't have time for this.
"Fine, follow me, what do I care." I continued picking my way through the rubble that lined the outskirts of our section. Blue crackled at the edge of my vision, the forcefield that separated us from the stinking rest of the city. When the sun hit it just right, you could see through it, see the rich sods going about their lives not caring about our suffering. And why should they?
I don't know that I would care, if I was them. But there was no dwelling on it. One could go mad trying to think the thoughts of others. Besides, I didn't know enough about them to really judge. They might never look because they couldn't bear the sight. A weak reason, but perhaps better than a studied indifference, or worse, a delight in our predicament.
My thoughts and the pattering sound of the dog's feet were the only noises that annoyed me as I searched through the rubble. Sometimes, here on the outskirts, there were things. Things we'd forgotten how to use, things that spoke of a better time. My stick was one of them, or at least a part of one. It had writing on it, and the jagged ends spoke of great destruction that had the ability to shear metal like paper.
But I found nothing that day, and as I sat at the campfire I lit that night, I sighed. A wet nose pushed itself into my hand, accompanied by a small whine.
"Go away." I shoved the nose away, making my voice harsh. "Get out of it. I don't want you, you understand?" The dog cocked its head, and went away, but only as far as the other side of the campfire. It would have to do, I was too tired to drive it further.
The days blurred together as I traveled around the outskirts of our section. Always the sun rose above me, beating down on my head, and I gave thanks for the hat I found. Always beside me, the forcefield crackled its dire warning of pain if you tried to pass through. Always behind me, the dog's feet padded over the rough terrain, never failing.
I'd given up on driving it away. If it wanted to follow me until its paws fell off, that was its business. There was no energy to waste on trying to dissuade it. And, I supposed, it was company, of a sort. Sometimes, I found myself listening for the footsteps. But not because I cared about the dog, you understand. No, I simply wanted to make sure that if it died, its body wouldn't draw worse predators. Predators that might want to make me a snack.
I woke one morning to yelps and snarls. Not a completely uncommon occurrence, the roving packs of wild dogs sometimes encountered each other and neither were likely to choose peace. Stretching, I rose from my prone position, reaching for my stick. The ashes of the campfire stirred in the gentle breeze, and I frowned. Something was missing.
The orange splotch of fur that normally lay across the fire from me, my constant annoyance, wasn't there. Another yelp rose into the early morning air, drawing my gaze to the scrum of fur just on the edge of sight. There was a flash of orange somewhere deep inside the rest.
I ran over to the fight, nearly twisting my ankle as a piece of stone slipped from under my feet. Stupid dog, getting itself involved. Stupid human for making the same mistake. There had to be at least two packs all bearing down on the little orange dog. I watched for three seconds before a red mist covered my vision—not anger—blood. The little annoyance had taken a chunk out of a wild dog's throat.
But the defiance wouldn't last long, the other dogs were just playing with the orange one. Blinking the blood out of my eyes, I sighed. My stick wouldn't be enough to take down a single dog pack, never mind two. No, I had two choices. Walk away, or use my last deck of cards. I started to turn from the scene, determined not to get involved.
The little orange dog yelped, blood dripping down its front leg. My hands dropped my stick with a clatter, reaching into my pocket, ripping off the plastic that covered the card deck. It wasn't fair, if you were going to kill something, you should do it clean
. Not this torturous playing with your victim.
Separating out the king, queen, jack, and ace, I stuffed them in the band of my hat, insurance until I found my next deck. Fanning the others in one hand, I summoned my magic, the power tied to the cards and only the cards. Most in my family had used it to gamble, but I'd found a more violent
method. With my free hand, I pulled swiftly and surely, sending the cards spinning through the air toward the dogs.
The playing cards should have fallen before they made it halfway. They didn't. Bent to my will, they shot towards the dogs, slitting throats and slicing through hamstrings. I pushed and pulled, sending each card swirling in a dance of death, until they were too sodden with blood to be of any use. It only took seconds until all the wild dogs lay bleeding in the rubble. Like I said, good clean
The orange dog, my annoyance, tried to walk toward me, but the damage done to both front legs made it impossible. Picking up my stick, I sighed again. Now I would have to treat the damn thing's wounds. And carry it around until it was better. Stupid dog. It whimpered as I came closer.
"Shh, little one, I won't hurt you. Come here, let's see what we can do about that leg."
Weeks have passed since our encounter with the wild dogs. The little orange nuisance can walk now, and I've managed to find spare scraps of fabric to protect its feet from the rough terrain we cross. Not because I care, just so I don't have to carry the bloody thing if it gets hurt again. Same reason I make sure there aren't any wild dog packs in the areas we sleep.
So I guess I have a companion now, a liability. Stupid of me, in this place, you don't want any dead weight, you don't want to care about anything. And I don't. I really don't care, but... I'd miss the dang thing if it ever decided to leave. If that makes me stupid, well...
I looked down at the little dog, who was padding happily at my side. Tounge lolling out, with a happy smile, it pounced on a small twig, snapping it up into its mouth. At least if I was stupid, I'd be in good company. And like my mother used to say when I was little, 'Root, if you're going to be stupid, be stupid in a group, at least that way you'll have back-up.' I smiled, stiff muscles not used to the motion.
"Come on, Menace. Let's get going."
for more stories!
submitted by Mooses_little_sister
to WritingPrompts [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 02:37 nonexistentlovee [CA] [USA] wanting to live with my mother full time
So I’ve read a few posts in this subreddit already so I’m not expecting great things but I need clarification.
I’m above the age in my state (CA) to have an opinion on custody. Currently my mom has more than 70% custody due to my father moving to AZ and originally before hand we would only see him Tuesday nights and every other weekend.
My parents separated because my father had an “incident” involving himself, someone under the legal drinking age and alcohol. And besides that event he is not a good man nor a good father. Especially to me, his eldest (of three) child. We (me and my dad) had gotten into a bit of a physical altercation sometime last year but because he left no marks, authorities didn’t really care. And apart from that I’ve lost track of the amount of times he’s been verbally, emotionally and mentally abusive towards me specifically, not even counting the incidents involving my siblings (both under the age to have an opinion on custody, but only one of them is fond of our dad).
Legally I’m homeschooled but it’s identical to online school so I just do all my school work from my room on my computer. I have all of my family and friends in my state and near by. I have lived here my entire life but ever since my dad moved (with his girlfriend of 2-3 years) things have gotten difficult.
I was highly against ever seeing him again but over spring I had to spend a week in AZ but was able to spend 4 days with my grandmother away from my father before grieving to him for the remaining two. This summer after mid June he has requested to have me and my siblings for 25 days (I think). And supposedly my mother is not against it and even helped work it out. I found this utterly ridiculous since I thought she had been on my side and knew what kind of man he was. The things he did. The way he ruined not only me but my family. I would say that I am in fact of afraid of him. I find him unpredictable, manipulative and a general drag to be around.
I have a variety of mental issues as well as medical condition regarding my heart so none of them make my life very easy to live and my father has not cared about me ever since he separated from my mom. I don’t even tell people I have a father because he’s such a dead beat. I used to go home to my moms every time sobbing because of the words he used when “speaking” to me.
So ultimately I’m wondering if anything can be done. Is all that I can do talk to my mom and convince her to help me? Or is there something I myself can do? I’m so exhausted of this. He is the reason I find my life nearly unlivable and find it difficult to even get out of bed, even when he’s an entire state away. I just want things to change, I don’t want to keep going through this.
submitted by nonexistentlovee
to Custody [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 02:23 C5tWm77t5hMJC7m78845 OMAD - What about a taco truck burrito on most days?
Taco truck near me sells these pretty large burritos for cheap. They're fresh, authentic, and delicious.
I'm doing OMAD for simplicity and calorie cutting. Anything I'd be severely lacking by eating a chicken burrito daily as my OMAD? I don't care about variety.
Some lettuce, cilantro, onion, avocado, tomato, chicken, rice, cheese and seasoning all wrapped up in a fresh tortilla. Would that suffice with a daily multi-vitamin as well?
submitted by C5tWm77t5hMJC7m78845
to omad [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 02:23 angrygse My ferret Ori is fighting for her life at Boston Memorial
Hello everyone! My precious ferret Ori is currently at a hospital in Boston that has an exotic department (read: is quite expensive).
She was brought there last Tuesday extremely lethargic and not eating with an enlarged spleen. Boston is the only place near me with the diagnostic tools to figure out if she was dealing with an infection or cancer so we took her there for supportive care but also to get answers. We live out of state, which is another cost we’re dealing with when we travel there. They currently think she’s fighting an infection as everything else looks clear. We have one final diagnostic tomorrow to make sure there isn’t cancer hiding somewhere then we’re in the clear and it’s just a matter of keeping her alive as her body fights the infection. When I showed up I had some savings that was going to be for my honeymoon but we happily used to save her. Even so, that fund is rapidly declining and will be done by tomorrow. I have some more personal savings but at the rate this is going that will be depleted soon as well. So we made this gofundme to try to get more funds to continue her care. Anything, including just sharing especially if you know of any ferret specific groups, is much appreciated. I know it may seem silly to dump this much money into a pet but she’s very special to me and my husband and if there is a chance of her surviving we want her to have it. She’s only two so she’s quite young and we were expecting many more years with her. https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-ori-fight?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=p_email%2B4803-donation-alert-v5
submitted by angrygse
to GoFundMePets [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 02:13 nowhereman136 I'm glad other people are enjoying the holiday off, but I can't afford this
I currently live in my van and most of my income comes from working on my computer. Most days I'm in a public library charging and using the wifi while I do work. I just sort of accept that I can't work as much on Sundays but today feels like an absolute waste. Not only is the library closed, but so are most coffee shops in my area, even Starbucks. I walked 30 minutes to next nearest open Starbucks and they don't have any power outlets to charge devices. Neither does the McDonald's, Taco Bell, or Carl's Jr near me. I'm just wandering around my neighborhood looking for a quiet place to sit down, charge my laptop, and do some work. Even my phone is at 10% as I type this still looking for a place to charge that doesn't expect me to buy something every 20 minutes to keep my seat. I can't even shower today because the gym is closed. It's frustrating as hell to be in a relatively large city and have nothing open. The day is just wasted and I'm gonna have to do double work tomorrow.
Edit: found a local college that was closed but had outdoor seating with electrical outlets. That worked well enough. Thanks for the support everyone. Just needed to vent a day of frustration.
submitted by nowhereman136
to povertyfinance [link] [comments]